𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈. DAY ONE

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
June 26th, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

THEO STILL FELT THE WARMTH of Techno's hug around his body from the airport in San Francisco, the feeling allowing him to almost calmly sit through the entire 10+ hour flight. At some point, he had fallen asleep and woken up just an hour before they were set to land.

He and Ranboo weren't on the same flight, which had caused more than a bit of a panic attack when he'd found out, but their flights touched down only ten minutes apart, so Ranboo agreed to wait for him at his gate before they had to go find Tubbo. Theo desperately wished Techno had said fuck it and come with him — it would have been amazing for the Sleepy Bois to interact in real life for once — but he understood why Techno had declined to go.

He could have at least flown with him, Theo thought grumpily as he got his carry-on down from the overhead compartment.

An older man next to him muttered about kids being entitled toward their elders, as Theo had stood up before he had, to which Theo wanted to tell him to kick rocks. He would have if he wanted to pick a fight, but he was pretty sure if he tried to speak he would throw up from how nervous he felt.

Maybe he should have eaten something before the flight.

As soon as he was allowed to get off the plane, he followed the small crowd of people in front of him — the perks of Ranboo buying him a first-class ticket, that absolute motherfucker; Theo was going to give him an earful when the time was right — to the airport gate. Theo glanced around, clutching his bag tightly in his left hand and fiddling with the pop socket on the back of his phone with his right.

"THEO!"

Theo perked up, turning his head to see Ranboo standing up from the airport chairs quickly. Theo hurried over to him, dropping his bag and throwing his arms around Ranboo's torso, hugging him tightly. Ranboo grunted in surprise before wrapping his arms around Theo as best as he could.

It wasn't their first hug, but it was certainly the safest Theo had felt in one.

"How was your flight?" Ranboo asked.

Theo didn't pull out of the hug. "Horrible. I hate you."

"Me? What did I do to make your flight terrible?" Ranboo asked, amusement coating his tone like thick honey, sweet and wanted.

"You weren't on it," Theo pouted.

Ranboo stammered for a moment before he sighed, patting Theo's head and gently pushing him away so he could lean down to grab Theo's bag. "Come on, we need to get our luggage before we meet up with Tubbo, we don't want to keep him waiting!"

Theo tried not to let his disappointment show over the hug being over sooner than he would have liked it to be; maybe it was just his longing for Techno's hugs again coming into play. "Please don't tell me Tubbo's the one driving. Also, give me that," he said, reaching for his bag.

Ranboo held it above his head, which was so unfair. "I think he said his dad is driving because he wants to sit in the back with us and hang out. Also, no." Theo grumbled, trying to keep up with Ranboo's long steps as Ranboo led him through the Brighton airport. It almost felt like Ranboo had been there before with how he led Theo around confidently, even though Theo knew it was Ranboo's first time in Brighton — or anywhere outside of San Francisco, really.