𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. NEW HORIZONS

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
April 24th, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

BEEDUO HAD PLANNED A MEETUP, Ranboo told him over Discord. It was after one of Theo's chill streams, where he mined for resources on the SMP without the threat of lore looming over him, though that of course didn't stop Ranboo from joining him and making references to previous lore they'd done.

The meetup was taking place in June, giving Ranboo a month to relax after graduation and get his stuff in order to stay in the UK for four months — which, don't get Theo wrong, he was happy for Ranboo, but the thought of all of his friends hanging out together in the UK while he was stuck in America, coupled with the fact that he wouldn't be able to see Ranboo in person for four months, made him feel sad.

But he couldn't be a downer this time, not when Ranboo was so excited. Even if Theo's heart was sinking into his stomach, he would not bring Ranboo's mood down.

"What are you most excited about? You can't say meeting everyone," Theo added, not wanting to hear the typical answer.

"Uhhhh . . . huh. I guess getting experience being away from my parents," Ranboo decided. "I love them, don't get me wrong! But it'll be cool to experience being an adult for when I eventually move to the UK," he said. Theo hummed, nodding in agreement — and with his camera on, no less.

Another pro that had come from their own meetup (lovebirds duo is what Twitter called them, with permission from both Ranboo and Theo to keep the name) — Theo didn't have to hide his face from Ranboo, and Ranboo didn't have to wear his mask and glasses around Theo.

"I'm sad you aren't going with me though," Ranboo said.

Theo shrugged. "It's fine. I'm glad you're going and getting to meet everyone."

Ranboo smiled slightly before he paused. "Can we meet up again, before I go? We, uh." Ranboo scratched the back of his neck, sighing. "We didn't get to hug last time," he muttered.

Theo looked down, nodding. "Yeah, we didn't. We will this time," he promised. "When are you free next to meet up? I can clear my schedule," he offered.

Ranboo hummed, peaking over his computer to look at the calendar he had taped above the monitor. "Uhhh . . . I technically have weekends off, but I think I'll be too swamped with streaming, school work, and family . . . so, my last day is the twentieth of May . . . Saturday work for you? The twenty-second?" he asked.

Theo glanced at his phone, where his schedule was synched up to Techno's. Neither of them had anything planned that day — well, anything important. Techno had to do some grocery shopping, but that was it.

"Works for me," he decided. "You wanna come over here again? Or I go to you? I'm sure Techno can drive me."

Ranboo shook his head. "Nah, my dad's going to that side of the city anyway for work, I'll just tag along with him and he'll drop me off."

"I'll send you my address. Oh, we can play video games!" Theo exclaimed. Ranboo chuckled softly.

A knock on the door brought both boys out of their excitement — typical parents, ruining the mood.

"Hey, hon', your dad and I are headed out for dinner," Ranboo's mom said, her voice barely reaching the microphone.

"Alright! I'll walk the dogs while your out so I don't have to later," Ranboo said. Theo assumed that Ranboo's mom gave her agreement, because he heard the door close and Ranboo turned back to the monitor. "Guess that's my cue to go. I'll call you after dinner!" Ranboo said.

"I'll pick up!" Theo promised. Ranboo smiled at him one more time before leaving the call. Theo sat back in his chair, letting out a sigh, and perked up when Discord chimed with a message.

ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛ ᴍᴇꜱꜱᴀɢᴇꜱ                      +

Ranboo [ offline ]
Tubbo [ 
online]
TommyInnit [
online ]
WilburSoot [ offline ]
Sapnap [ online ]
Ph1LzA [ offline ]
Dream [ online ]
Eret [ offline ]
Nihachu [ online ]
BadBoyHalo [ offline ]
CapPuffy [ online ]
Quackity [ offline ]

@ TommyInnit 🟢 | [AKA] TOMMY, Child (affectionate), TommyInnit

TommyInnit
YO
Tubbo just told me that Ranboo is coming to the uk
are you coming too??

Theden
no :(
hopefully one day!!
can we call? we haven't in a while!! I miss you!!

TommyInnit
I'm busy rn, sorry :(
later though

Theden
okay!!
have a good day Tommy!! <3

If Tommy didn't tell him what was really bothering him, Theo might just fly down to the UK right then and there, visa be damned. Theo was worried about his best friend, dammit, and he wasn't going to let Tommy suffer through whatever he was going through by himself. Tommy was stubborn when it came to his own comfort, and Theo wasn't going to let him stay stubborn.

But unbeknownst to him, across the ocean and cities and miles of uncharted land, Tom Simmons curled up in his bed, staring at his phone with the most suffering, heartbroken expression a teenage boy in love with his best friend could wear — all because Theo kept sending him hearts.

His own heart would be the death of him.