𝐋𝐈. BOY FRIENDS

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
October 7th, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

"I'M HAVING SOME FRIENDS OVER," Tubbo announced that afternoon, spinning around in the computer chair to face them. Theo and Ranboo looked over to him from their place on the couch, Theo nursing an ice pack against his nose to quell the rest of the swelling that remained. 

"You have friends?" Theo asked. Ranboo snorted, elbowing him. "Oi!"

Tubbo rolled his eyes. "Fuck you," he said easily, smiling. "It's Aimsey and Billzo, we're been talking about them coming over to do an IRL stream." He gave them an expectant look. It took Theo a moment to realize that he was asking their permission for Aimsey and Billzo to come over without actually asking.

Ranboo shrugged. "Cool."

Theo nodded. "I'm excited to meet them."

Tubbo smiled at them brightly and turned back to the computer, most likely to message the other two teens to set their plans in stone. Theo was excited to meet them — even if part of him was nervous about meeting new people, he did want to meet these two especially. He liked their respective energies; despite only having talked to them once, Theo had begun tuning into their streams whenever he had the time.

This should be fun. Tubbo, at the very least, seemed to be really excited to meet them in person, so it was worth it.

Ranboo shifted beside Theo, catching his attention. "We should watch a movie tonight," he mused. 

Theo hummed softly, putting the ice pack to the side. "With what snacks?"

Ranboo rolled his eyes. "Obiously we go get them," he said. Theo grimaced at the thought of having to get up. Ranboo chuckled. "Come on, there's a convenience store nearby. We can let Tubbo talk to his friends and get snacks."

Theo pointed a finger at him. "You're buying me chocolate."

Ranboo smiled. "Deal."

REAL LIFE — RANBOO!

THEY LIKED TO HOLD HANDS.

Ranboo wasn't sure when it really started, or if Theo noticed it the way Ranboo noticed it, but whenever the two boys had to cross a road they ended up holding hands. Tubbo had asked about it, once, and Ranboo had said that it was just a safety precaution — a buddy system, if you will. It was safer.

It made Ranboo feel safe.

Theo's hand was cold, courtesy of holding an ice pack against his nose for hours, something Ranboo had insisted on to help soothe the swelling. Seeing Theo at the train station with those injuries had hurt him more than he cared to admit — another reason he immediately took Theo's hand into his own when it came time to cross the street.

Neither of them let go when they reached the other side.

Ranboo kept their fingers interwind even inside the store, but Theo made no move to take their hands away from each other. Ranboo wished that he could read Theo's expression, wished that he knew exactly what Theo was thinking — did he notice that their hands were still together? Did he care that Ranboo's heart was practically trying to beat itself out of his chest? Did he realize how much Ranboo wanted to kiss him?

Theo looked up at him. Ranboo looked away.

"I think we should watch Love, Simon today," Theo said after a moment.

Ranboo smiled slightly, looking down at him. "That's gay," he teased. Theo's eyes scrunched up, a sign he was smiling.

"I'm gay," Theo said, grabbing five Hershey bars from the rack. "And gays deserve chocolate."

"You're such a material girl," Ranboo sighed.

Theo lifted his free hand into the air and let his hand flop, doing the gay-wrist meme that Ranboo knew so well. Ranboo laughed and grabbed another bar of chocolate for Theo, along with a few bags of different chips and a box of popcorn for the microwave. One movie usually led to at least three, so it was good to be prepared.

They had to separate their hands to carry everything, which left Ranboo feeling colder than he wanted to admit.

"Is that everything?" the lady behind the counter asked, glancing at all of the stuff in their arms.

"Yes," Ranboo said.

Theo gasped. "The drinks!" he yelled, shoving everything in his arms into Ranboo's before darting off to the glass doors on the other side of the store. Ranboo smiled at him as he left, shaking his head as he put everything on the counter.

"I stand corrected," he sighed.

The lady smiled at him as she began to scan the items. "You and your boyfriend make a cute couple," she complimented. Ranboo's ears went pink.

"Thank- uh, thank- thank you," he stammered, not knowing how to correct her assumption.

He wasn't sure he wanted to.

Theo hurried back to the counter with a couple of bottles of soda that the lady added to the plastic bag with the rest of their snacks. Theo and Ranboo both thanked her on the way out the door.

As Theo took Ranboo's hand, minutes before they would have to cross the road, Ranboo thought the lady might be right — he and Theo would make a cute couple.