𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. BAD NIGHT, INNIT?

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
October 2nd, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

BENEATH HIS FEET, THE TRAIN shook, moving Theo from side to side as he stared listlessly out the closest window, watching the endless tunnels pass him by. His nose had stopped bleeding by now but he could feel the blood that had dried around his mouth, making his skin itch.

The train was more-or-less empty, with only three other people on board excluding Theo. The number made him cringe internally, remembering that it was three boys that had hurt him. Thankfully, two of the people were on the other side of the train, pulled into a trance by their phones, while Theo and the other person, a man, were sitting on the other side.

Theo pulled his mask down to breathe, his nose feeling clogged with dried blood that he wasn't willing to blow out until he was somewhere with tissues. The man beside him winced. "Yeesh. Bad night, kid?" he asked. He wasn't on the old side — maybe twenty, twenty-four at the most. Theo had chosen his side of the train because there were seats positioned to where he could stare out the window and keep to himself.

He was hoping he would be left alone, but he supposed not.

Theo shrugged, wetting his thumb with his tongue so he could wipe the blood away from around his mouth. "You could say that," he decided.

The man grabbed a bottle of water from his backpack, passing it over. "Here. You look like you need it more than me," he said. Theo glanced at it for a moment before taking it with a sigh. He supposed his night couldn't get any more fucked up than it already was.

Why did he always have to be wrong?

Theo had probably downed half the bottle before he realized that it wasn't water he was drinking, but alcohol. 

At first, it was a citrus taste that Theo disregarded, figuring it was some sort of weird lemon water; then came the kick of spice, pepper making him choke; cream was the aftertaste, mixing with the spice, and Theo shoved the bottle back into the man's hands, grimacing. "Fuck you, man."

The man shrugged, putting the cap back on the bottle. "I never said it was water, I just said you needed it more than me," he said simply, and it irritated Theo to know he was right.

Theo stood up and stumbled to the other side of the train, throat burning and head swimming. He had been drunk before — well, no, he had been high. Harriet didn't want him around alcohol but was perfectly fine letting him smoke one of her joints when he was thirteen, but it didn't matter right now.

Theo sat down before he fell over. His phone was vibrating in the pocket of Ranboo's hoodie, no doubt the said-hoodie-owner or Tubbo wanting to know where he was. Theo rubbed his temples, sitting back against the uncomfortable seats of the train before he pulled out his phone. The light coming from the screen hurt his eyes more than the warm lighting from above.

Theo sent a quick text to Ranboo, not bothering to read what the other boy had written, telling him to lay off, that Theo was safe but he wasn't coming home that night. Then he pulled up Tommy's messages, figuring that since the train was taking him to Tommy's town, Theo would need somewhere to stay.

Poor Tommy.