Twelve

Chapter Twelve: Bubbles

Soon that day, the other children were fetched by their parents. Phil, being the man he was, tracked their parents' numbers and called them. There were some arguments along the way, but the good thing was that the kids had fun. 

"You know what time it is?" Maria clasped her hands together, smiling broadly.

Bruce checked the wall clock. "Seven thirty," he seriously replied.

"Yes," Maria nodded, giving Bruce an assuring smile. She was getting used to this babysitting thing. "It's time for bath!"

Collective groans echoed around the hallway.

"Now, don't go complaining about this," Phil said, supporting Maria. "You kids have had much fun already. You need a clean set of butt cheeks." Maria shot him an incredulous stare, in which he blatantly ignored.

Tony giggled, whispering to Bruce. "He said butt."

"I'll have Steve, Bruce and Natasha," Maria whispered to Phil.

"Can't I get Steve instead?" 

"I already called dibs," Maria said, smirking, moving over to the three most well-behaved kids and leading them to the bathroom. Of course, she would have to separate Natasha from the rest. 

Phil sighed deeply, staring at Tony, Clint, Thor and Loki. This could only lead to fun and giggles. And after a hard day, he doesn't think he has the time for those.

+

 "Okay, I've found your bathing suits," Maria too out two small shorts and a cute one-piece bathing suit. "Let me put this on." 

The kids willingly obliged, Steve and Bruce being gentlemen enough to turn away when Natasha was changing. 

Maria lead the kids to oen of the bathrooms on their floor, turning on the faucet and letting it fill the tub. Steve tugged on Maria's sleeve.

"Ma'am?"

"Yes, Steve?"

"Bubbwes, pwease?" he asked politely, giving Maria a smile that could melt hearts. She nodded at him.

She went to the cabinet and found a bubble shampoo imported from Italy. Tony Stark has got it all, she thought while pouring a moderate amount of shampoo on the water.

Maria helped the kids up into the bath tub, thanking that they were small enough to fit. Her thoughts wandered to how Phil was doing. One thing was for sure, it can't be anything good.

+

"Thor, stop wasting that shampoo! Clint, get off that dabinet; how did you even get there? Tony, stop pestering Loki! Loki, that is foot cream you're wiping on your face!"

Phil rushed to take the foot cream from Loki and take the shampoo bottles from Thor. He reached his arm out as Clint landed with a thud. Tony was babbling rather loudly.

"This is chaos," Phil thought. It was a miracle that he got the boys on their bathing suits. He turned off the faucet as the bubbles grew larger. 

"Bubble bath!" Tony stood on top of the toilet lid and jumped into the bath tub, wetting Phil on the process. Thor, Clint and Loki followed, a huge splash coming.

"Oh, man," Phil stared at his wet clothes. "You can do this, Phil. You've beat criminals before. They're just kids..."

"Wooo!" Tony dove into the bubbles, coming out and splashing water, hitting Thor.