Two

+

            “Well, it can’t be that bad,” Maria grumbled, carrying Natasha in her arms. Phil, who was carrying Steve and Clint, shrugged.

            “They’re kids, therefore they’re unpredictable,” Phil remarked as they walked into the Helicarrier. People kept staring at them, but they didn’t mind. Phil and Maria entered the quinjet.

            “Okay, I drive the jet and you keep them still,” Phil said, putting Steve and Clint down on a bench.

            “Nope, how  about I drive?” Maria suggested. She didn’t really like to be on baby duty.

            “I put up with them last time, how bad if it were you?” Phil argued, and Maria couldn’t help but sigh. Phil went to the driver’s seat while Maria stayed with the children. She sat in between Tony and Steve.

            “What’s wour mame?” someone tugged Maria’s left arm, and she looked down to meet Steve’s baby blue eyes. He was not buff, he was lanky. And this almost made her not recognize him.

            “My name’s Maria, Phil’s friend,” she replied, patting Steve’s head.

            “Wou have a nice mame,” Steve complimented, smiling genuinely.

            “Aw, thank you.”

            Her hand was on Steve’s back, when she noticed Bruce stepping down his seat next to Tony.

            “Bruce, where are you going?” Maria asked sternly as Bruce stopped in his tracks.

            “I wanna read a book,” he replied shyly, looking down at his feet. His hands were behind him and Maria could see he was embarrassed. She stood up and looked around for a book when –

            “HOW DARE YOU FIGHT THE SON OF ODIN!”

            Maria looked around startled and found Thor lifting his hand to punch Tony. She ran as quickly as she could and gripped Thor’s arms.

            “What the hell are you doing, Thor?!” she exclaimed.

            Thor crossed his arms and huffed, “Anthony threatened my brother.”

            “My name is Tony!” Tony stood up in his bench, glaring at Thor. He looked to Maria and said, “I didn’t do it. Thor was poking me.”

            “LIES!” Thor exclaimed, standing up and towering over Tony. “YOU SAID YOU WOULD CUT LOKI’S HAIR!”

            “Okay, shut up, both of you,” Maria used her hand to form a wall between Thor and Tony, ignoring Loki’s snickering beside Thor. “Loki, do you want to tell us something?”

            “I am not your pet,” Loki’s smirk turned into a frown.

            “Loki, you little sh*t,” Maria murmured.

            “I BEG YOUR PARDON?!” Thor’s attention turned to Maria.

            “I – I would never!” Steve jammed his finger in his ears. And there were collective gasps from the children around the room. Maria rolled her eyes.

            “Watch your mouth, young missy!” Tony scolded. She just shot him a glare and he shut up. She turned to Phil, who was listening in the conversation and grinning.

            “Phil, are we there yet?” she asked impatiently.

            “Almost!” he replied, chuckling. And after a few seconds, Clint started crying. Maria rushed to Clint and knelt down to see his face.

            “Clint, baby?” she asked, feeling a little scandalized since she called her colleague ‘baby.’

            “I weft my awwows in the ship,” he sniffed. Maria wiped away his tears.

            “We’ll buy another one, I’ll buy you another one,” she promised.

            “Weally?”

            “Really,” she smiled as Clint smiled. She turned to Natasha. “Now Natasha, keep him company, okay?” Natasha nodded.

            “Maria?” Phil called.

            “What?”

            “We’re almost here.”

            Maria grinned. “Finally.

            Phil landed the jet at the top of Stark tower and shut down the engines. He carried Steve and held Bruce’s hand, while Maria carried Natasha and Clint. Loki, Thor and Tony all held each other’s hands par Phil’s order.

            When they walked down, they were met with a confused red-head. She had her right fist on her hip, her other hand dangling on her side. She had furrowed eyebrows, and was puzzled.

            “Phil, Maria, why are you here?” she asked. “And where’s Tony?”

            Before both agents could answer, little Tony raised his little hand. “Me! Me! Me! My name’s Tony!” he exclaimed enthusiastically.

            “Hello, Tony,” Pepped greeted. “But where’s Tony Stark?”

            Tony raised his hand again. “Me! Me! I’m Tony Stark!”

            Pepper stared at Phil confusedly, and he just let out a sigh. “We should get inside so we could tell you the story,” he said. Pepper nodded and lead them inside.

+

           Dedicated to @fandomgirl1215 for saying I should continue this. Well, I did. :)

            Pepper's here woo! I adore that girl. Let me just say I ship Hillson, so watch out for fluff moments. But if you don't, I can just let them stay as friends. 

            Vote, comment and fan! I appreciate criticism.