Four

Chapter Four: Shopping [2] || Lost

            After about an hour, everyone picked their clothing. Natasha and Clint finished first, with Pepper carrying their basket of mostly black clothing.

            “Are you sure these are all you want?” Maria asked Clint, as he nodded. She just took it as they waited for the others to finish.

            Next came Bruce and Tony. They were carrying their basket together, and it was a cute sight to watch. Maria and Pepper scanned the clothing. Little purple, yellow, green and grey dress shirts and khaki’s. These must be for Bruce, Maria thought.

            Pepper digger around and found tuxedos and expensive clothes that looked like it belonged to Tony. Pepper glanced to Maria, who shrugged.

            “It’s his credit card, after all,” she replied.

            After, was Phil and Steve. Steve’s clothes were mostly light-colored flannels and plain t-shirts. Maria smiled at his old-fashioned style. It was undeniably adorable.

            Minutes passed and Thor and Loki haven’t come back yet. The three babysitters became tired, sitting on the shop’s small sofa. 30 more minutes, and the two Asgardian brothers still didn’t come.

            “I knew we shouldn’t have let them go,” sighed Maria. “One of them is the god of mischief, after all.”

            “Fury’s going to kill us,” whispered Phil.

            “Here’s what we’re going to do,” Maria stood up, causing Pepper and Phil to look up at her. “Phil and Pepper, pay all their clothes. I’ll find the two.”

            The two nodded, and stood up to pay for the clothes. Before Maria could leave, she heard a familiar voice from below her. She looked down and found Thor. She sighed in relief.

            “LADY MARIA! MY BROTHER HAS FLED!” Thor exclaimed worriedly. But Maria was more worried.

            “What happened?” she asked, kneeling down to Thor’s height. The past few days, she was kneeling a lot.

            “WELL – “

            “Tone down your voice.”

            “Well,” Thor said in a quieter tone. “Brother suggested we play. He told me to count to ten, while he hides. I did what he told, and now I couldn’t find him.”

            Maria let out a grumble. “Okay, go with Phil and Pepper while I try to find Loki.”

            “No! I want to help find my brother,” Thor said, finality in his voice. Even when he was young, he still cared for Loki.

            “Okay, let’s go,” Maria stood up and held Thor’s big hand. They walked around the shop, but found nobody. Now, Maria was getting extremely worried. A god of mischief + lost in a big mall = trouble.

            So, Maria and Thor walked to the help desk, where every child loss reports were  usually told to. But before they could reach their destination, Thor tugged on Maria’s arm, and she almost fell over because of his strength.

            “AH!” Thor exclaimed with his usual loud voice. “MARIA, WHAT IS THAT?” He pointed to the Ronald McDonald statue in front of McDonald’s.