Three

Chapter Three: Food Fight and Shopping [1]

            “Wou are so pwetty,” Tony complimented, sitting on Pepper’s laugh. She just stared at him confusedly, but let out a smile.

            “Thank you,” she replied. She shot a look at Phil. “You wanted to talk about something?”

            “Yes, but can we do this privately?” Phil requested, standing up. Pepper nodded and put Tony down next to Steve. She followed Phil. Maria stood up, too, but Phil said, “Guard the kids.”

            Maria rolled her eyes. “Not again.”

            She turned around and eyed the kids. Her head snapped to Loki, who grumbled, “I am hungry.”

            “Fine, come on,” she lead on to the way of Tony’s dining room, as she sat the kids in the chairs. Problem was, Natasha and Clint were too small to reach the table. So, Maria put pillows below their butts.

            “If I come back and I see something I don’t like, the person responsible will be having a time-out,” she warned as the children nodded.

            She walked over to the kitchen and scanned the huge refrigerator. She found some Nutella and eggs. She cooked the eggs, sunny-side-up and spread the Nutella on some bread. She repeated the same thing over and over until she had seven plates of Nutella bread and egg.

            One by one, Maria served the food to the children.

            “What is this?” Loki asked, poking the food with his pale finger.

            “Food, so suck it up,” she replied sternly. Even though Loki is a child, Maria couldn’t help but remember what happened in Manhattan.

            “I want steak and lobster,” whined Tony, crossing his arms and pouting. Maria rolled her eyes.

            “Eat your food, young mister, or I will tell your dad you’ve been a bad boy,” she warned.

            “Daddy doesn’t care,” Tony huffed, which made Maria soften a little. But despite that, Tony still ate his food.

            Maria sat down on the seat next to Bruce, and looked away for a while. She breathed in and out, inhaling the peaceful environment, when suddenly, a gooey stuff landed on her left cheek.

            She turned her head to find Tony containing his laughter, and Thor freely chuckling by his side. Maria touched the food and found it a half-eaten Nutella sandwich. She took a towel and wiped her cheek.

            “Okay, who started this?” she asked sternly. She really didn’t need this right now.

            Tony and Thor pointed at each other. Suddenly, Bruce yelled beside her. Maria turned to him and found an egg dripping in his face. She stared at Loki who was smirking.

            “Loki, was it you?”

            “No it wasn’t,” he replied smugly, an eyebrow raised. Maria stared at his empty plate.

            “Okay, that does it – “

            What distracted Maria was a piece of Nutella-dipped bread flying across her and into Steve’s face. Steve cried, wiping the food away from his nose.

            “Wasn’t me!”  Tony exclaimed a little too quickly.

            Before Maria could react, different types of food flew from left to right. No matter her yells, the kids kept throwing food. Even the food she didn’t serve like apples and jam. Someone probably took some from the kitchen.

            “What the hell is going on?!” a new voice – Pepper, probably – came. Maria turned her head and found a shocked Phil and Pepper walking in.

            “I think babysitting isn’t for me,” Maria said honestly.

            “EVERYONE, STOP!” Phil yelled and slammed his fist on the table, between Tony and Thor. Everyone stopped. Clint’s hand was behind him, ready to aim.

            “Look at all your clothes!” Pepper exclaimed, staring disbelievingly at the chocolate-stained clothing of the kids.

            “Don’t you have baby clothes?” Maria asked.

            “No, not really, let me ask JARVIS,” Pepper replied. She walked out of the room, leaving Phil and Maria alone.

            “I’m not really good with kids,” Maria said, wiping some food from Bruce’s face with a napkin.

            “But you have to admit, children are interesting,” Phil replied, smiling. He was always like that, Maria thought, appealing to both children and adults. Young Steve obviously loved him.

            Suddenly, Pepper walked inside, carrying small black shirts and slacks. “These are all I’ve got,” she said glumly. “They can’t wear this until S.H.I.E.L.D. finds a cure.”

            “Let’s go shopping,” replied Maria, shrugging.

            Pepper’s eyes lit up. “Great idea! We’ll use Tony’s credit card.”

            So we changed the kids’ clothes and went off to the garage. The kids pointed everywhere, saying, “I wanna ride that!” or “Can I have that? Pweaaaase?” Maria, Phil and Pepper laughed since the second one was said by Tony himself.

            They ended up choosing a van, which fit all 10 of them. Maria drove (due to her request), and Pepper was on the passenger seat. Bruce, Tony and Steve sat on the second row. Thor and Loki sat on the third. Phil, Natasha and Clint sat at the far back.

            “Hang on tight,” Maria warned, starting the engines.

+

            On the mall, Maria carried Clint and Natasha. Phil carried Steve (of course) and Pepper carried Tony since he wouldn’t stop asking her to carry him.

            Phil’s free hand held Loki’s and Pepper’s free hand held Thor’s. They stopped first on the baby’s clothing store called “Baby Jamie”.

            “Okay, everyone, we’re giving you the authority to choose anything you want,” said Pepper, smiling, putting Tony down. As soon as she said the words, everyone ran by pairs. Tony with Bruce, Thor with (unwilling) Loki and Clint with Natasha.

            Phil knelt down to be face-to-face with Steve. “What’s wrong? Don’t you want to go with them?” he asked.

            “I don’t Like Tony,” he began honestly, shifting. “And Loki is mean, and Clint and Natasha looked like they don’t want me around.”

            “Do you want to go with me, then?” asked Phil. Steve looked up and nodded. And they were off.

            “He must be enjoying himself,” Pepper chuckled.

            Maria smiled. “He is.”

+

            This is too long so I decided to cut it in two. The second part will be up soon! After I'm done writing it, haha. 

             Thoughts? Comment below. :)

             Vote, Comment and Fan. Thanks to everyone! God bless you all, lovely people.