Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen: Last Night [2]

"Can we buiwd a fowt?" Tony tugged the sleeve of Maria's jacket as the children were already ready for bed. Their pajamas were actually little onesies of their superhero selves. They were all a size too big so their little fingers were practically just centimeters from the cuff. 

"Sure you can," Maria smiled fondly as Tony jumped in excitement towards the other kids, proclaiming the good news. 

She turned towards the other adults in the room, voice high. "Alright, team. The kids requested for a fort. We need pillows, lots of pillows," she said, clasping her hands together. "Bucky, check for pillows in the living room. Pepper, ask JARVIS the other locations. I'll be scouting the other rooms."

"And me?" Phil asked.

"You guard the kids," Maria smirked at him. It was payback for making her guard the kids those other times. 

He merely sighed, defeated. "Fine."

The three adults left the room, Maria giving Phil a sly smirk before closing the door, eyes obviously saying, 'Good luck.' Phil sighed deeply.

"Mistew Phiw," Steve said with his small voice. Phil looked down at the small blond boy, tiny hands holding on to his pointer finger. "Can we make wou into a pwincess?"

Phil widened his eyes, glance darting towards the kids huddled around behind Steve, holding various makeup accessories.

Well, I don't have much of a choice, Phil thought.

Steve led the agent towards the carpet, urging him to sit and even helping him straighten his back. That's when the rest of the group surrounded him, Tony up front and holding what looks like powder.

"Why shall we put this... make-up on the Son of Coul again?" Thor whispered loudly towards the brunette.

"Because makeup makes wou bootiful," Tony replied, then lowered his voice. "Mistew Phiw needs a wot of makeup."

Phil furrowed his eyebrows, not sure to be offended or to just let it slide. He chose the latter.

Tony snapped open the powder container and put in his hands the sponge and dabbed it with a -- for lack of better word -- shit ton of powder.

"Tony, I don't think you should -- oof!" The little man of iron directly shoved the powder in Phil's mouth shushing him. 

"Don't wowwy. We will make wou bootiful."

Phil muttered under his breath, "I'm already pretty."

After the powder, it was Thor's turn to apply the lipstick. Phil didn't think the god even knew what he was holding, let alone know how to remotely do the task. Thor practically stabbed him in the mouth with the red lipstick multiple times, but he just let it slide.

Then, it was Steve's turn. Phil breathed a sigh of relief. The little soldier held what looked like... eye shadow? Phil didn't know. He was just as clueless as the rest of the kids.

"Pwease cwose youw eyes," Steve ordered softly. Phil followed suit, and immediately Steve brushed the thing on Phil's eyelids, sometimes maybe even brushing at his eyebrows. He didn't mind. He knew Steve was good at art, so he let the guy be.

When Phil opened his eyes, Clint stood in front of him, an evil grin on his face.

"I get to use eyewiner!" the archer exclaimed, jumping up and down as he held the sharp pencil in his hands. Phil widened his eyes.

"No, we're not doing eyeliner," he said, holding up a hand. He didn't know what an eyeliner is but it did sound dangerous enough for a little kid to handle alone. 

"But we wanna make wou look pwetty!" Bruce whined, stomping his little feet. 

"Isn't this pretty enough?"

Loki shook his head vigorously. "No."

Phil sighed heavily, placing his hands on his lap and gripping his legs tightly. He finally nodded. "Fine, just do it." He shut his eyes, and breathed. 

He felt a jab on his right eyelid, and he winced. 

"Sowwy!" Clint said. 

"It's alright, Clint," Phil replied, not really meaning it. But did he really have a choice? It's either this or a huge temper tantrum courtesy of the Avengers and one of the most wanted god he's known. 

Phil got used to the constant pokes to the eye. He didn't really think it'd work, but whatever. Clint took a lot longer than he should've, the babies bickering with each other on what they should do next. Phil was impressed, not really knowing that they knew how to blend colors and make sure it matched.

"Open eyes now!" Clint ordered happily. 

Phil blinked slowly before focusing on his surroundings. "Are we done? Are we done now?"

"We forgot to contoo," Natasha piped from beside Clint, looking at Phil in a judgmental manner. Now, Phil didn't feel pretty with that stare.

"You mean contour?" Phil supported.

"Yes."

"Do you even know how to contour?"

"No," Natasha shrugged. "But we can try."

That was one thing you didn't want to hear from a bunch of kids who have a soldier, a crazy genius, a green rage monster, some master assassins and two gods. 

I sat there, paralyzed as Natasha dumped all of the makeup materials in front of me, the others swarming over to take a better look. Everyone picked up some equipment, and only God knows where Natasha got them from.

They started brushing Phil and putting colors on his face as the agent only squirmed and tried his very best to stay very still. Phil heard a crack on the door. 

He turned around, the kids' eyes following his gaze. Maria, Bucky and Pepper stood at the door, holding various pillows, mouths agape.

Phil gulped. "I can explain."

+

A/N: Heyyyy!

Has everyone watched Civil War already? I watched it last week twice and I cannot even fathom how amazing this movie is. I don't know if I should post a review about it or nah, but I'll think about it. :)

IT WAS SO AMAZING OK. I WAS SHAKING THE WHOLE TIME!

It was probably the best Marvel has made so far. A total 9.5/10 for me. 

If you haven't watched it yet, I hope you make the most out of the entire experience! It truly is a freaking wonderful, thrilling, funny movie. You'll love it!

Until next time,
Han x