Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: Movie Day

Everyone went to the movie room and plopped down. Phil went to the back to get some suitable and G-Rated movies from the shelf. He skipped back to where everyone was and set down the movies.

"Can't we watch Human Centipide?" groaned Tony.

"Ew!" said Steve in a cute, disgusted voice. "Centipedes are gwoss."

"Ooh! Dowa!" Clint picked up a Dora the Explorer movie, waving in furiously.

"Dowa is for chickens!" Tony said. "And biwd-bwains like wou!"

Clint's eyes started to water, in which Maria scooped him up. She started cooing at him in an attempt to stop the crying, which, luckily, he did.

"Tony," Phil reprimanded. "If you make one more comment like that and we're watching Dora."

"Ugh, life is unfaiw!" Tony muttered under his breath, crossing his little chubby arms.

"Finding Nemo!" Thor took the tape. "What's this about, Son of Coul?"

"It's about finding... Nemo," Phil replied.

"What's that thing?" Loki pointed his little finger at Nemo.

"It's a fish," Maria said, still carrying Clint. "They swim underwater."

"Oooooh!" the kids murmured in thought.

"I wanna watch it!" Bruce exclaimed excitedly. "I wike fishies!" He looked over at Tony with big, brown eyes.

Tony challenged his gaze, but soon gave in. "Okay fine!" he said, throwing his hands up. "But I wanna watch something else next time!"

"Okay," Phil said with a smile. They sat in a row while Maria popped in the CD. In respective order was Phil, Steve, Bucky, Bruce, Tony, Natasha, Clint, Thor, Loki and Maria.

The screen flashed, and the movie started.

+

"Just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin', swimmin', swimmin'," Steve sang as Bucky carried him. Bucky's eyes softened at the sight of a young Steve, and he felt whole again.

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" Maria asked, directly at Tony.

"Well," he shrugged in a defeated manner. "I guess not..."

"Alright, Phil and I are going to cook up some snacks," Maria announced. "Bucky, do you mind watching the kids?"

Probably not a good idea leaving him with the kids. Not because he used to be a cold-hearted assassin, but because he would probably just watch Steve and let the others do whatever the hell they wanted.

"We'll be fine," Bucky said, nodding, assuring himself for the most part.

Phil and Maria left the room, and somebody tapped Bucky's metal arm. He whipped his head to find it was Tony.

"Why do wou have a metal awm?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed.

Bucky hung his mouth, not expecting the question. "I, um, it was an accident. I don't really talk about it."

"Why? It's so cool."

"I just don't - " Bucky stopped, looking around. "Where's Steve?" He stood up immediately. "Where's Steve?" he repeated. Steve must've crawled off his lap when he wasn't paying attention.

Nobody answered. Bucky walked up and down and searched along the chairs, but Steve was nowhere to be found. Distress grew over him.

"Mistew Bucky!" Tony yelled. "Let's ask JAWVIS!"

Bucky stopped, and nodded slowly.

"JAWVIS!" Tony yelled louder, at the top of his lungs. Obviously, he was worried about Steve as well. "WHERE'S STEVE?"

"Sorry, sir, but I couldn't find Mr. Rogers in the cameras," came JARVIS' robotic voice.

"HE'S A KID!" supported Thor with his booming voice. "HE HAS BLOND HAIR AND - "

"No sign of him, sir," repeated JARVIS.

"JARVIS," Bucky said, his voice straining. "Can you show me the video for about... an hour later until this moment in the screen?"

"Right away, sir."

The screen flashed and Bucky watched patiently. Everyone was still there, watching the movie. Steve was on Bucky's lap, watching intently. Halfway through, Phil and Maria came in with sandwiches.

Bucky turned around after pausing the video.

"Steve's missing."

Phil almost dropped his plate and Maria's mouth hung open.

"H - How could that happen? We're inside a movie room," Phil asked, worry evident in his tone.

"That's what I was trying to find out," Bucky played the video and continued watching, Phil and Maria plopping down beside him. The children were huddled together too, worried for their friend.

After a few minutes, the door flew open and closed. Bucky paused the video, but there was nobody back there. He stood up, Phil and Maria trailing behind him. They were ready to fight.

They reached the aisle, and there was Steve walking casually.

"Steve!" Bucky yelled, rushing over to the blond baby. He hugged him tightly. "Where on Earth have you been?"

"I was peein'," he said in a low voice. 

"JARVIS said - "

"Thewe awen't camewas in the toilet," Steve replied, smiling innocently. 

A huge wave of relief watched over everybody. Bucky picked Steve up and they walked back to the group. Phil smiled, thankful nothing bad happened to the little boy. Maria watched Phil, equally as happy.

Maria offered her plate of ham sandwiches to everyone, to break the tension. "Sandwich, anyone?"

+

O M G S T E V E 

Hahaha so anyway, to those P!atD fans out there, Hallalujah is out! FueledByRamen posted it and it's hella awesome. <3 The bandom has risen, my friends!

Thank you for all your kind words and votes. I couldn't write this without you. :D :) <3

Until next time,

Han x