Ten

Chapter Ten: Avengers Building Chaos

The ride home was so loud.

Tony kept on arguing with Sherlock, John watching on the sidelines. The Doctor kept babbling about Gallifrey and the TARDIS and time travel, Steve listening intently. Loki looked like he didn’t care about the Doctor’s stories at all. Bruce, Natasha and Clint were on the back with Castiel, and they were the only ones who were silent. Dean, Sam and Thor were bad news. Thor kept on pestering Sam about being a moose, which makes Dean immensely angry.

Finally, they reached the Tower.

The children ran inside, Tony taking the lead (it was his building after all). Phil followed them, Maria insisting she make some snacks. When they left, someone tugged on Maria’s sleeve.

“May I help you make the knick knacks, ma’am?” The Doctor offered, smiling at her. Maria could only smile back.

“Sure,” she said. She took his hand and they walked over to the kitchen.

+

“Let’s play in the castle!” Tony took Sherlock and John’s hands, dragging them towards the small castle.

Thor took some toys from the trunk, making a mess. He held a moose stuffed toy on his hand and showed it to Sam and Dean.

“LOOK, FRIENDS! IT IS SAM!” he boomed.

Dean clenched his little fists. “Oh, that does it,” he said, tackling Thor to the ground. Thor only thought it was a sort of game, so he laughed.

“TICKLE FIGHT!” Thor announced, moving above Dean to tickle his sides. Dean tried so hard not to burst out laughing, but failed. Sam joined in, being victimized by Thor’s big hands.

Steve and Castiel were sitting on the play mat, both shy. Steve looked up. “Um, do you wanna play soldier?” he asked in a low tone. Castiel nodded.

“Okay.”

They searched the trunk for some weapons. Steve found his big helmet and Clint’s Nerf gun. Castiel took out a plush lightsaber and Captain America shield. They ran to opposite directions.

“Give up now, Nazi!” Steve yelled, which only came out into a cough.

“Never!” Castiel yelled back. He came out of his hiding place and ran towards Steve’s direction. Steve set out and pointed his gun into Castiel’s head, pulling the trigger with his small fingers. The foam bullet went straight into Castiel’s forehead, making him fall on the floor.

He stuck out his tongue and closed his eyes dramatically. “I have fallen and I can’t get up,” he exhaled, like it was his final breath.

Steve ran beside Castiel. “Don’t give up on me, soldier.”

“But you’re my enemy,” Castiel opened one eye, and shut it again.

Steve only shrugged. He took out his helmet and lay it on Castiel’s face. He stared up at the ceiling, a make-believe tear running down his cheek. He pointed his Nerf gun to the air, like he was actually a soldier losing a fellow soldier.

Phil was on the door, looking at their adorableness.

Loki and Bruce were sitting on the red rug, reading the first book of Harry Potter. They were on the part where Hagrid broke down the Dursley’s wooden door, about to announce that Harry was a wizard. For a bunch of little kids, they were incredibly smart.

In the middle of their reading, an arrow flew on the space between their head, landing on the wall behind them. Startled, they looked up, to see Clint holding a bow and arrow from the castle. Tony, Sherlock and John grumbled, Natasha pushing them away from the castle.

“AAAAH!” Loki and Bruce yelled, scampering off to different directions. The book was long forgotten, Clint targeting many people.

He hit Sam on the forehead, making Dean angry. So Clint hit Dean on the forehead too. Thro was shot on the arm, making him cry hysterically (he thought he was being bullied).

Castiel sat up from his position when Clint his him on the forehead, making him fall on the floor again. “I’ve been shot twice,” he announced, Steve only nodding sympathetically.

Tony was shot multiple times on the chest, Sherlock and John hurrying to hide behind something before they got victimized.

Loki was running towards the door when Clint shot him four times on the back, making him fall face first on the hard floor. Phil rushed over to him, helping him to stand up.

“Are you alright, Loki?” he asked in a soft tone.

Loki turned his head around, glaring at Clint. He turned back to Phil. “I wanna sleep now.”

“Are you sure? You’re not hungry?”

Loki shook his head stubbornly. “No hungry. Sleep.”

Phil sighed, picking Loki up from the floor. His room was just a few doors away, so he lay Loki there. He tucked him in gently.

“Bedtime story?” Loki asked, tugging on Phil’s sleeve. Phil only nodded, picking out Humpty Dumpty and reading.

“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall…”

Loki attempted to stay awake on every word, but everytime he kept drooping. His thumb was on his mouth, his breathing even. He looked so innocent then.

“… the end,” Phil ended. He bent in to kiss Loki’s forehead before closing the lights and walking outside the room slowly, so the little ball of mischief wouldn’t wake up.

He walked back to the playroom to find the most hilarious thing he’s ever seen in ages (he was guilty of laughing).

Tony was laughing hysterically, clutching his stomach. The other kids were surrounding a big kid,  silent.

Thor was in the middle, crying, sitting in a pool of yellow pee.

Author’s Note:

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y’ALL!

I hope I stuck with the previous chapter about this, since I deleted it. Sucks. I hope this is better, I guess.

Thank you for all your support! You’re all amazing people and your comments make my heart fly from my body. Not literally, ‘cause by then I’d be dead lol.

 Treat this like a sort of Christmas gift from me to you. :) :3

Please keep on voting, commenting, following etc. I would appreciate that a lot, and it makes me want to update more and make my chapters longer and better! :)

Love lots,
Han x