Saturday 1st January 1979

Dear Diary,

Last night was wicked. Literally. The whole town was riddled with vampires both good and evil and witches trying to kill them. We were lucky. I found a friend. She seemed nice but I knew underneath it she could be powerful and smart. I grabbed her and snuck away back t Jeromy's castle to change her in peace.

There is now blood all over my already red floors and a tiny blond headed girl asleep in the middle of it. I noticed that she wasn't far from the present but if I tried to contact her she wouldn't respond.

The snow outside is a deathly red and there is vampire ash and bodies covering the floor. Last time I checked my window it was awful. It made me gag. Somehow my Christmas tree was demolished and replaced by a fresh coat of blood.

Christopher chickened out last night and didn't end up coming. He took one look outside and dropped my hand.

"What is the matter?" I had asked him carefully.

"It is too much. I can't do it. I'm a failure of a vampire." He had smiled at me and I had laughed.

"It's fine," I had said. "You go back inside and I'll be there soon."

"You're still going? After seeing that?"

I had smiled up into his beautiful eyes and pecked his lips. "I have no choice."

Then I had run off into the bloody chaos.

I don't regret it. Even now remembering the horrid sight of it. I do not regret it. I couldn't regret my decision.

I had to get away from the body. I still had time. Not much but I had time. At least an hour.

I have to get out.