Vampire Princess

OCTOBER

Wednesday October 11th 1978

Dear Diary,

I fear someone is watching me. I know I'm probably just being paranoid but I can't shake the feeling that I am being watched. My fear is no puzzle; it's crystal clear that I am afraid. I know I have no need to fear but I cannot help it. I feel like I'm frozen in place. I haven't moved for almost three minutes now. Outside I can hear car driving on the freeway though I'm further than a mile from it. It's so quiet here. That's probably the reason I'm so afraid. If Christopher were here he'd know what to do.

But he's not.

I'm alone.

Friday October 13th 1978

Dear Diary,

What is this horrible place? I'm surrounded by brick walls and chains that are attached to them. I'm still terrified but at least now I know what I'm faced with. I don't know why I waited around to be captured; I've been trained for this sort of thing. Maybe it was just the reality of it. When I was doing all of my training I never really guessed that it would happen.

I'm not just your average teenage girl.

I'm a vampire.

A princess to my kind, the rarest of the lot and I've been kidnapped.

But I'm not just going to sit here and rot away. No. I plan on getting out of here. And I don't have any ruby slippers to get me out of this one.

Saturday October 21st 1978

Dear Diary,

I'm still alive.

If you can call this living.

I don't think the people who brought me here plan on killing me just yet; they would have done it already. I haven't been punished into hard labor or anything just waiting around in this dungeon. Yesterday I was taken outside where I viewed the palace from below. Perhaps they plan on making me their princess. Or maybe the queen has finally found me and dragged me back to this hell hole. I miss Christopher like I miss the moon and the stars through the day, too much. I haven't spoken to him in almost two weeks and it's starting to take its toll on me. I've never been this far away from him for so long.

Christopher is my best friend and one of the only people I trust. I've been hiding from the queen for over three years now and Christopher has helped me ever since we escaped together. No. It's not like that. Christopher and I have known each other for years and have always depended on each other. Christopher was my body guard.

Some vampires are royals and some are not. It's simple. I am Princess Genevieve Vento and Christopher is just a vampire, nothing special to anyone but me. Vampires who aren't royal serve the royal which means there aren't many of us. I never bothered to find out if there were more royal families other than us. There probably are in other parts of the world. I hate being royal almost more than I hate being what I am, that's why I ran away. It's horrid. Everyone who my relatives think deserves to die simply dies. They go for hunts and bring back twenty new feeders each week. It's a terrible feeling to know you're taking someone's life away but another to know that if you don't, you won't survive either.

Sunday October 29th 1978

Dear Diary,

Today when they took me outside I didn't have to be handcuffed! I think that's a start. There are a few guards that look like they hate their job walking me around everywhere but others actually enjoy it. It's a good feeling to know that the guards you have either feel honored to walk you around the palace and then have others that can't stand to drag someone in cuffs. Either way I'm starting to have faith again, perhaps with their help I can go back home to Christopher. I know it's weird to feel happy whilst in a dungeon but I think I'm starting to get used to it.