16th January - Afternoon.

16th January 1979 – Afternoon.

I waited for Cameron to return from his work.

I waited ages.

I couldn’t stop thinking about the note.

I needed to find a way to confront Cameron but I wasn’t sure how. Any way I thought of sounded either too cruel or not cruel enough. I was the princess, I should be able to punish him as I seemed fit but I couldn’t. I’d told him not to think of me as royalty.

When he did return he walked inside and froze. He looked around warily. He looked angry and confused.

I jumped down off the bed and he flashed into a fighting position. I tried not to laugh even if it was a little funny.

“Cameron, we need to talk.” I told him. I figured that was the best way to start.

He sighed in relief. “Oh, it’s just you. I thought it might’ve been someone else.”

“Who else could it have been?” I asked him, pretending to be curious.

He shook his head and smiled. “Don’t worry Gen; what do you want to talk about?”

I stood up straighter and put on my scary royal face. I sucked in a breath. “Tell me who you thought it was Cameron. We made a pact last night. We swore we’d tell each other everything. Now spill.”

I thought he was going to tell me the truth but then he just shook his head again and laughed this time. “No, really Genevieve it’s okay.”

I laughed bitterly. “Maybe for you, the way I see it is you don’t want to tell me. If you don’t tell me I’ll walk straight out of this and never come back again and there will go your chances of ever breaking free. Also, I’ll go and drop by Nicholas’s room and ask him what’s up.”

Cameron walked towards me slowly and frowned. “Why would you go and see Nicholas?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know, how about you tell me.”

“Honestly Gen, I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” He argued again.

I shook my head and pulled the ball of paper from my pocket and threw it at him. “Good luck finding someone else to help you around here. And by the way, yes I do love Christopher. Not that it’s any of your business any longer.”

He gaped at me, blinking a few times. He shook his head and closed his eyes. He looked sad. I regretted saying what I’d said the moment I saw his face but I couldn’t take it back. I sighed and flitted out the room and ran at full speed back up to my room where I knew I’d be safe from the world.

Louana was in there when I opened the door and she looked away awkwardly.

“Louana whenever you see Jeromy what do you think or feel?” I asked her quietly.

She shivered as if the thought of him gave her chills. “He’s evil, try to stay away from him Princess.”

I smiled faintly and stood up. I didn’t even have the energy to protest about the princess part. “What about last night when we went to Cameron’s room. Did you feel any bad energy in there?”

She shook her head and sighed. “No, none at all, I’ve only ever felt it around Jeromy.”

I nodded once and headed over to my bed and climbed into it. “Stay if you’d like but I only wish for a quick sleep. I don’t mind what you do, Louana, but steer clear of Jeromy.”

She smiled happily and nodded. “Thank you princess and you don’t have to worry about Jeromy. I’d never face him without you. Have a nice sleep.”