15th January 1979

I'm getting rid of the dear diary and just having dates. Chapters seem to be too small and writing in past tense is a little weird and annoying in the conversations. Sorry if that was the only thing you actually liked about the story :P

*****

15th January 1979

The first thing I did when I woke up was go to see Cameron. I didn’t hurry but I seemed to be there in less than a minute. I knocked on the door expectantly and waited for someone to answer. The door was pulled open and three boys started to walk out, straight past me.

I frowned and put my arm up so they couldn’t go through. “Stop.”

They all jumped and one of them looked up to me wide eyed. “Sorry princess, we didn’t mean to upset you.”

I laughed trying to sound polite and focusing on not scaring the crap out of them. “Where are you going boys? I didn’t mean to intrude. I’m only here to see Cameron, not kick the three of you out of your home.”

“I’m sorry I have to call your bluff princess but this is not my home.” The boy replied looking a little uncertain.

I frowned. “What is your name boy?”

He gave me a small smile with his head held high. “My name is Joseph, Joseph Hartley.”

I smiled and placed a soft hand on his shoulder. “Your father was a wonderful man, I swear. He was a great friend to me Joseph.”

Joseph looked confused. “What do you mean? Did you know my father?”

I nodded happily. “Yes, of course. I have been around that long Joseph. How’s your sister? Is she stuck in here too?”

“No princess, she’s not. She’s back home with mother.” He sounded very sad and I heard him whimper softly.

“Joseph, it’s okay. Everything will be fine when we work out what is happening. But in the meantime, all of you,” I looked at each of them. “You’re all strong relentless vampires. It doesn’t matter if you’re royal or if you’re just a peasant. I never want to see any of feeling sorry for you again. Okay?”

They all nodded meekly and I heard someone chuckle from behind them.

“Well said princess, whoever would have thought you actually had a heart underneath?” He smiled at me kindly as if he’d just found respect for me and all of a sudden we were no longer enemies like when we were younger.

“Thank you Cameron, now shall we go inside and chat?” I asked him gesturing inside their small cabin.

He nodded and welcomed me inside and the other boys started walking away.

“Hold it right there you three. Where do you think you’re going?” I demanded standing with my hands on my hips. “I’m going to need your help too.”

They all happily grinned at me and rushed back inside, slamming the door behind them.

Ten minutes later we were sitting in a circle all holding hands as I chanted the same old words. When I was done we all opened our eyes and inside the little snow globe ball was a picture of the very old and wrinkled Queen surrounded by her guards. We watched closely for a while before I decided we’d seen enough. I waved my hands and slowly the picture faded away.

I looked to Cameron and rolled my eyes. “What do you think? You were always the smart one right?”

He shrugged and sat back. “I really have no idea what to say.”

I sighed realizing that neither did I. “Well, all I know is that I’ve met the Queen and she’s not a vampire.”

 Cameron nodded and stared into my eyes intently. “When did you meet her? Would you care to share it with the rest of us?”