Chapter 1: Nightfall

The Prophecy. It's a story foretold by time and space...or some old guy or girl in a cloak. Or literally just some story that's made up and not true. It's become a gag at times...but during these ancient times? It was not such a silly thing.

In the wonderful world of Amphibia, where all kinds of creatures roamed freely. The Frogs farmed and lived in their homes, The Toads protected their world, and The Newts ruled over it all. But...during these ancient times? There was only one ruler.

A creature of everlasting darkness. With powers and abilities of a god, causing chaos for amusement. It, HE, was ruthless. The villagers called him The Night.

No matter the armies that were sent, The Night was unstoppable...until? Three heroes came from beyond this world to fight The Night. These three became the heroes of Amphibia, and the only ones strong enough to hold off The Night's wrath.

There was the leader of the group. Star of Heart. She was kind, caring, and compassionate. Not to mention, very brave and willing to do whatever it took to protect the innocent and punish the ruthless. She was beloved by The Frogs.

There was also the muscle of the team. Star of Strength. She was confident, competitive, and strict. But also eager and carefree. With her great strength and invincibility, she protected anyone good and fought for the thrill of battle, but also for justice. She was adored by The Toads.

And finally, the brains of the group. Star of Wit. She was shy, joyful, and intelligent. But with the people she was close too, she would be the true heart of the team, even more than Heart herself. She did whatever she could to spread her knowledge and use it for the good of all life. Even the monsters that attacked. She was honored by The Newts.

These three were The Three Stars. They have been the heroes of Amphibia and the archenemies of The Night for a thousand years. And today...was finally the last strike.

Heart dawned her golden and blue armor, sheathing her sword and lifting her helmet off her tan skinned face, and her glowing blue hair coming out. She then walked over to her teammates, who had also dawned their armor.

Strength dawned a crimson gladiator helmet, with a giant warhammer in her hand, and two dual swords at her belt. Not to mention, a black cloak with a scratched eye over it.

Wit wore a navy cloak and hood, with a mask to cover her nose and mouth. She had small armor across her wrists, chest, and legs. So she could move freely, yet still be protected.

Strength noticed her comrade and took off her helmet, showing her glowing pink hair. She walked over, smirking. "A thousand years. And after so long, our fight with him ends today."

Heart smiled and nodded. "We can only hope. We could never dream of eternal youth and these powers back on Earth."

Wit giggled and walked closer to her ally, holding her hand. "Nor could we have dreamed of the skills we learned here."

"The Kings back home said women couldn't fight. I'd love to see the looks across their faces now." Strength cackled.

Heart just rolled her eyes playfully before pressing her forehead against Wit's. "Are you ready, my love?"

Wit nodded, squeezing Heart's hand tightly. "I am."

Strength hugged the two of them, lifting them in the air and disrupting their moment. "You are going to be disgusting for the rest of our lives, aren't you?"

Heart smirked. "Perhaps. I could never express most of myself back home. Now I can."

Wit was set down. "Enough with the 'back home'. THIS is our home now." She then raised her bow and arrow in the air. "And we will fight to defend it!"