Chapter 32: Utter Darkness

Sasha cried out as she was thrown into a cell...or what she THOUGHT was a cell. In reality? It was a torture chamber.

Glowing orange chains came from the ground, wrapping around Sasha's wrists, forcing her to her knees. That's when multiple devices started scanning or trying to figure out...something.

Sasha looked at a heart monitor. It was pink. That must've been hers. She sighed before hearing a voice.

"I must admit. You were able to hurt them." ANDRIAS said, but he was in a cell right next to hers.

Sasha's eyes widened and she growled, practically being feral as she tried to break out.

Andrias rolled his eyes. "Pathetic."

Sasha kept trying, even using her powers, but nothing worked. She then pulled at the chains one last time before finally giving up. Then, she was SHOCKED with a thousand volts of electricity and she fell, breathing heavily.

The devices seemed to take note of this.

Sasha breathed heavily. "...d-doesn't she need my power...? She thinks this will m-make me give it...?"

Andrias chuckled. "She's not trying to make you give it up. She's trying to strip it from your body. Trying to figure out HOW to do it, while making you suffer."

Sasha snarled. "You're a bastard and a heartless monster. You know that?"

"Not wrong." Andrias said. "But I just carried out orders. The Core is truly the evil one."

Sasha scoffed. "Are you trying to justify all this?!"

"No. I'm just saying that I truly haven't been doing anything except serving her." Andrias said. "And now that I've done that, I have nothing left."

Sasha's eyes went pink. "So, that's why you're here."

Andrias nodded. "The Core has used me to the best of my abilities, and now I'm no longer of use to her. I will rot here, and I am content with that."

"You're insane." Sasha snarled. "You're okay with dying? For someone who could care less about you?"

Andrias snorted. "Funny. How YOU'RE judging The Core for using someone and treating them like tools instead of allies."

"How is that funny? Is The Core nice to you deep down and you're just denying that she's POSSESSING my best friend and causing millions to suffer!"

Andrias smirked wider. "No. You were exactly like her once upon a time, Sasha."

Sasha's eyes widened a bit. "What?! I don't kill people!"

"But you were doing what she has done to me." Andrias said. "Before you were reformed, would you really have kept your friends around if they've already given to you what they had? Would you really need them if they've run out of ways to be used?"

Sasha growled. "I would NEVER do that!!! The whole damn reason I even acted like such a bitch was so I would never lose them!!!" She then screamed in pain as she felt a syringe inject into her neck. She then stared at Andrias, since there was a hole in the wall that allowed her to see the former Newt King.

Andrias chuckled. "And yet, you did. Anne and even MARCY attacked you."

"Because YOU made them think you were gonna send them home!"

"Fair enough." Andrias said. "...but...it is admirable. You changed the moment you were finally stood up too. And when you talked about your problems and worries, you felt a weight lifted off your shoulders, didn't you?"

Sasha narrowed her eyes. "Yeah. I did. Take a note."

Andrias smirked. "Unlike you, I've lost my chance LONG ago."