Chapter 11: The Toad Queen

Grime walked across the the dungeon, humming to himself before he came across what he liked to call his favorite prisoner. He smirked. "Well, well, well...look who's woken up."

Sasha laid back against the wall. "Only been in here for a day? And it sucks."

Grime narrowed his eyes. "I don't recall prison supposed to be a glamorous experience. Now who-"

"Sent me? No one! How'd I get here? Don't know! What do I want? To find my friends and go back home!" Sasha exclaimed.

Grime sighed. "You won't answer to me, will you?"

"I have, Grime." Sasha said, standing up. "What I'm saying is all true! What's gonna prove that?!"

Grime hummed for a moment before he looked at Sasha. "You have gotten me to consider this...consider yourself lucky." He then saw a guard walk in and walked beside him. "Watch over her, Percy. DO NOT LET HER FREE."

Percy gulped and saluted to Grime, sweating bullets as he walked off.

Sasha watched the toad stand in front of her cell and sighed. "He commands a lot of people, huh?"

Percy, once he made sure Grime was out of earshot, nodded. "Oh, you have NO idea. Captain Grime was the most fearsome and ruthless warrior in The Colosseum and now he's an even more ruthless captain."

"Hmmm, he doesn't seem THAT bad." Sasha hummed.

"Believe me, he IS." Percy shivered. "Especially when he brings toads to The Pain Room."

Sasha hissed a bit. "You really don't deserve to be treated like that, y'know."

Percy turned. "You...really think so?"

"Yeah! I mean, you're a good guard. Am I trying to escape?" Sasha asked with a shrug.

Percy blushed and rubbed his arm. "Yeah. Yeah, I guess that's true! What's your name anyway?"

"Sasha."

1 week later...

This remained for a while. Sasha had quite a lot of toads as her guards, and she convinced them all to leave. She had grown a small friendship with the toads Percy and Braddick, who just loved talking to her. Sasha could see from a mile away that if they were all given the chance, they'd leave Grime.

Grime CLEARLY wasn't running this place very well. He had no control over the toads at all. And she knew a few things about control.

...kinda sketchy, huh?

"And that's how I ended up becoming a guard." Percy said.

"Dang, you poor toad." Sasha said before humming. "Show me your act!"

"Huh?"

"Y'know! The act you wanted to do! Show me!" Sasha said.

Percy smiled wide before running out, with Sasha not trying to escape. She was genuinely curious. Besides, she could get her guards to leave like she had done the past 4 times. Although, she did like Braddick and Percy's company. Despite Braddick being the one that commanded the toads to kidnap her.

Sasha waited and waited before Percy came in, now in a jester's hat and with some kind of musical get up. A drum was on his back, he had a horn, and even a cymbal was on top of the drum.

Percy started to play some actual decent music with his instrumental getup, even doing some entertaining dances as the music sounded. He then lifted himself into the air, balancing on the drum as he spun around and then landed, playing the final note. "TA-DAH!"