Chapter 33: Fading Light

Anne and Sasha watched their home be completely surrounded in darkness as an eternal night. Sasha was terrified as her glowing body was one of the few sources of light.

Anne's body was a bright blue and she shook her head. "N...No...! Marcy...e-everyone...! I-"

Darcy's eyes then glowed brighter before? Replacing the sun or moon...was a GIANT glowing orange eye, which looked down upon the city, but it did not light up a single thing in the darkness.

Anne and Sasha stepped back, horrified before the portal FINALLY closed and The Dark Frobots started spreading all across the dark world.

Darcy then floated down, grinning wide as Anne and Sasha could ONLY see her eyes. "Now...I'LL BE TAKING YOUR POWERS."

Anne was frozen, still processing that this was MARCY. But Sasha grabbed Anne and then flew off in a pink blur, with Anne screaming out. "NO!!!!"

Darcy just cackled before flying over to her castle and into her throne room, which was dimply lit by orange light. She then sat down, smirking wide as holographic screens showed. She started typing and planning each invasion of every part of the world, including studying all the military's weapons of every country.

Nuclear warheads would be an issue. Good thing she had a plan for that.

She grinned, sitting back before pulling up plans on the rest of the multiverse or whatever they dubbed this string of dimensions she could travel too. Darcy cackled. "This will be entertaining..."

Sasha kept flying, with Anne screaming and crying before they crashed into a building since even Sasha felt weak. She swore under her breath before looking at Anne. "A-Are you okay...?"

Anne sobbed. "I-I COULDN'T DO A DAMN THING!!!" She bawled. "I COULDN'T SAVE HER!!! AND NOW SHE'S...SHE'S...!"

Sasha quickly hugged Anne, letting herself cry as well as their pink and blue lights combined into a purple brightness. Anne sobbed into Sasha's shoulder, clutching her back as she let out everything she had gone through into this. Sasha did the same, finally letting out of her emotional baggage into her crying.

The two cried for what felt like ever. They wanted to get back up and launch a final attack on Darcy...but they had given her all they had, and it wasn't enough. Sasha knew how to stop Darcy, but she couldn't speak at the moment.

Darcy couldn't conquer Earth in a matter of days. Humans WOULD fight back, even in this complete darkness. They had time.

Anne, after what felt like hours, finally stopped crying with her hair and eyes glowing blue. "...w-we HAVE to stop her...we have to save Marcy! We have to save everyone!"

Sasha nodded, getting up as she wiped her eyes. "O-Okay. Grime and the rebellion are inside the castle and trying to find a way to shut it down, unless they've already been captured." She then stepped forward. "Andrias told me how-"

Anne then flew off to the castle, not hearing what Sasha was saying.

Sasha's eyes widened and she flew after her, blocking Anne's way. Anne bumped into her. She sniffled before punching at her chest, but it didn't hurt.

"LET ME THROUGH!!!" Anne said with even more sobbing than before.

Sasha grabbed Anne's hands. "Anne! Anne, look at me! You can't stop her by just bashing in! Being angry isn't going to help you beat her!"

"I DON'T CARE!!!" Anne screamed. "I HAVE TO SAVE HER!!!"

"You think I don't want to save her either?!? I've only JUST realized Marcy was alive recently! But The Core is too powerful and either of us could actually DIE, and this entire world will be doomed!" Sasha exclaimed.