Chapter 24: Starlight

It was time. The new Three Stars were about to finally go back home. They all arrived at Andrias' castle, with Anne facing Sprig. She had a few tears in her eyes.

She then hugged them all. "Oh, I love you guys! I promise I'll find a way to visit!"

Hop Pop, Polly, and Sprig began to cry a little and hugged Anne back.

Marcy turned to Frobo and hugged him. "Oh, I'm going to miss you, my cybernetic and artificially intelligent pal! Yunan and Olivia will take good care of you while I'm back home, okay?"

Frobo nodded, hugging back softly.

Sasha smiled at that before turning to Grime. "...I'm gonna miss you, Grimesy."

"As will I, Sasha." Grime said before getting a sudden hug from her. He chuckled, hugging back. "You were a great queen. We will honor you."

Sasha laughed. "Quit treating this like I'm gonna die-"

That's when her ears began to ring and she heard a voice. A wicked and cruel voice. It was raspy too, as if the user of the voice was sick and dying in his deathbed.

"Sasha?" Grime asked.

Sasha shook out of it. "S-Sorry, just...thought I heard something."

When they arrived at the castle, the voice only got stronger and stronger. Sasha couldn't unhear it. She held her head a bit.

The others didn't notice, and Anne smiled at Marcy. "We're finally going home."

Marcy smiled and nodded. "Yeah!" She then blushed. "S-So, umm...when do you think we'll be able to go on that second d-d-date...?"

Yunan and Olivia overheard this and smirked at each other as they began entering the throne room.

Anne blushed. "W-Well, uhh, whenever you want! Here or back home!"

Marcy blushed more before giggling. "T-Then, I guess I can s-say...t-that I...I...."

"Y-You...what?"

"I lo-"

Then, Andrias spoke. "Wonderful!!! You've returned!!!"

Anne and Marcy snapped out of it before facing the King. "Oh, yup!"

Andrias stepped closer. "So, the box is recharged then?"

Anne nodded, reaching into her satchel and showing The Calamity Box, completely recharged. Andrias' eyes almost went starry as he looked at the box in awe.

"It has been so long since I have seen this. It is exactly as it was." Andrias chuckled. "Thank you, Anne. Marcy. With this, you can all come and go here as you please."

As they started investigating the box...Sasha wandered off. That voice was at first speaking gibberish, but now she could hear him clearly.

"STRENGTH..."

Sasha felt like she was under a spell of some kind, her formerly pink eyes...suddenly turning orange. She began walking deeper and deeper into the castle. That voice...

She grunted, leaning against the wall. "W-Who's there...?"

"STRENGTH..."

Sasha forced herself to stand up straight again, her orange eyes turning back to normal. She kept walking...until a secret door opened wide for HER.

"STRENGTH..."

Sasha stepped closer to the door before suddenly? A mechanical arm sprouted out from the shadows and grabbed her face. Sasha screamed, grabbing her hammer and smashing it. The arm didn't even have a scratch on it, and instead just pulled back into the darkness.