Chapter 35: The Final Hour

It was time. Two days, and Darcy was succeeding. Sasha watched Terri work in the darkness. So much had happened that Anne went through. And she had a feeling there would be much more, even after they won against Darcy.

...if they won.

No. No. She couldn't think like that. This was her mission. She'd save both of her homes. She'd make Anne proud. She'd save Marcy. She'd save Grime. She'd do whatever it took to make her past lives of Nova and Katherine proud.

Terri sighed and turned to Jess and Ally, who were not only fixing Frobo, but also the lights. "Any luck on making it any brighter?"

Jess sighed. "No. Dimly lit is the brightest we can get."

Anne turned to her parents, who were with Sprig and Hop Pop. She felt like this was her fault, but given how much trauma her mind was dealing with at the moment? Thinking irrationally wasn't too far fetched.

But, it wasn't her fault. Far from it. I mean, what COULD she do that Sasha or any of her past lives haven't already tried? Darcy's darkness was inevitable.

But they could bring light. They were stars...both literally and figuratively.

Anne then walked over to Sasha. "So...who's going in to save Marcy? If this machine works..."

Sasha looked to the side before turning. "I-"

"Don't even answer. I'm doing it." Anne said suddenly.

Sasha didn't seem too surprised. She knew that no matter how close she was with Marcy, Anne would do ANYTHING for Marcy Wu. She then laughed. "Why even ask then, Anne?"

Anne gave a weak smile. "G-Gotta bring SOME comedy."

Sasha smiled before she hugged Anne tightly. "I...I'm still so sorry...for everything I-"

"Don't say another word." Anne whispered, hugging her best friend tightly. "You did nothing...I...I should've listened to you. And now? LOOK at you! You were just saving a bunch of people you didn't know just because it was right!"

Sasha smiled a little more. "And...and protected Wartwood, heh."

Anne's eyes widened. "R...Really?"

Sasha nodded.

Anne hugged her tighter. "Sash...oh, you have NOTHING to be sorry for. You're a hero."

Sasha hugged back just as tight, sniffling. "And...we're gonna save Marcy."

Anne nodded. She was scared, praying they would be able to win against Darcy and end this cycle of fighting. She wanted her Mar-Mar back. "Y-Yeah...we WILL."

Terri then stood up. "Okay! I think I got it!"

Anne tilted her head and was handed some kind of wrist device that was almost like a gauntlet. It was styled like her armor. She whistled. "You made all this in THIS light?"

"It's the end of the world. I'm never gonna get another chance to appear flashy." Terri said with a giggle before her face grew grave. "Be careful. You only get one shot, and I haven't properly tested it before. Consciousness transference is a little outta my league."

"It's in SOMEONE's?" Sasha asked.

Mrs. and Mr. Boonchuy then hugged their daughter tightly, with The Plantars joining soon after.

"We'll be right with you, Anne." Sprig said.

Anne smiled a bit. "I know. But stay safe...if Sasha's right? This fight HAS to be between me, her, and Darcy."

"I...I still can't believe this is all happening." Mrs. Boonchuy whispered, seeming terrified. She cupped her daughter's face, as if it was the last time she'd ever see her. She pressed her forehead against Anne's. "P-Please...come back, sweetie."