Chapter 22: Strength's Temple

Needless to say, the date was quite the night. It was nothing wild, but Anne and Marcy just had fun with each other. They sat down, enjoyed talking to each other or making each other laugh, and then found out the chef was being held hostage by a Barbiant-

Oh, yeah. That happened.

Marcy laughed as she held Anne's hand, the two of them walking back to the hotel. "Man, that was fun!"

"The way you shot the thing in the eyes with your crossbow and how I slashed its legs!" Anne exclaimed, raising her fists in the air. She then blinked. "Why do you keep your crossbow on you on a DATE though?"

Marcy shrugged. "For moments like this? Where did you pull the sword from?"

Anne shrugged soon after. "It kinda just came flying into my hand. Guess even when I don't have my powers, the sword is still magic."

Marcy giggled before blushing as they stopped at the hotel room. "I still had an amazing time, Anna-Banana."

Anne blushed a bit. "I-I still can't believe you asked me out...I...I had so much fun, heh."

Marcy blushed madly at that, her heart skipping a beat before she cleared her throat. "W...Would we ever be able to go on another...?"

Anne's face went red and she smiled. She began to step forward, holding both of Marcy's hands. She leaned in a bit. "I...I think I can make that happen."

Marcy squeaked at how close the two were. 'OHMYFROG,AREWEGONNAKISS?WAKEUP,MARCY!DONOTSCREWTHISUP!'

She took a deep breath before leaning in towards Anne, their lips just inches away from smashing together-

The doors went swinging open. Polly and Frobo peeked out, with Polly hopping onto Anne's head. "Anne! Marcy! The Blue Gem's acting funny!"

Frobo nodded.

Marcy rushed inside, forgetting about everything while Anne just looked at Frobo. "...were you always here?"

Frobo was about to answer before his yellow eyes went wide and he gave Anne a look.

Anne blinked. "No clue what that means, dude."

Marcy then came out, holding The Calamity Box. The Blue Gem and Green Gem were...flickering. Almost like Christmas lights flashing on and off. "Whoa...Anne, look at this!"

Anne looked at the box. "What's happening...?"

"Uhhh, to be honest? I don't know." Marcy said. "I haven't been able to study the box as much as the King has. But if I were to guess...maybe it's a glitch with the box?"

Anne tilted her head. "Glitch?"

"Yeah! Like, the box isn't working completely since it's not fully charged. The Pink Gem still needs to be charged." Marcy said, pointing at the last and completely gray gem. "Which would mean-"

"Going to the Third Temple." Anne sighed. "And taking away Sasha's powers."

Marcy hummed. "...well, maybe once we drain her powers, she'll be more willing to listen to reason. Once we get past the Third Temple, we can find her! Cause, she may have hurt you, but her parents are probably still worried sick."

Anne sighed. "Yeah...and I don't wanna leave her here. She could try and...you know."

Polly then looked from side to side. "So, does this mean...?"

Anne smirked. "Off to The Third Temple!"