Chapter 25: Shadows Can't Bleed

The whole world. Universe even, shattered into thousands of pieces the moment Marcy's cold and dead body hit the floor. Anne was destroyed, her ears ringing and her body going numb. Everything she loved and knew about Marcy...destroyed in an instant.

Marcy was gone. Marcy was killed. Marcy was dead.

The Core's arms dispersed the blade and suddenly grabbed Sasha, tossing her out the broken window, not even caring that they had just murdered someone a few seconds before.

"SASHA!!!" Grime screamed, jumping out the window to save her.

Andrias grinned at that before snapping his fingers, taking Olivia and Yunan away, with Yunan slowly losing consciousness.

Olivia was SCREAMING her head off. "MARCY!!! MARCY!!!! MARCY!!!!"

Andrias put his sword away and stomped over to Anne. And Anne? She was broken.

She began screaming and crying, crawling over to Marcy's body and cradling it. Tears streamed down her face as she sobbed. She rocked back and forth, forgetting about everything in the universe except for Marcy. She even forgot herself for a minute. All she cared about was Marcy.

Anne looked up into the air, screaming at the top of her lungs as her body writhed in agony and pain. It was so much emotion...that her hair and eyes turned BLUE.

Andrias' eyes widened. "She's still connected to the Blue Gem...! But that's-"

The Core slowly crawled in, his eyes glowing a bright orange as it loomed over Andrias.

Andrias was silent before he smirked and ignited his sword and lifted it above Anne. "GOODBYE, ANNE BOONCHUY..."

Anne's eyes glowed brighter, her eyes turning completely blue with white pupils. She then zoomed over to Andrias, punching him across the face and sending The Newt King flying across the Throne Room.

The Dark Frobots started firing their canons and hit her, but Anne's power prevented them from doing anything. She charged at The Dark Frobots, zooming through them and slicing 10 of them in half just with her bare hands.

She then snapped towards The Core. Flashbacks of the mechanical arm stabbing Marcy through the chest replayed in her mind. Feeling even more agony, Anne SHRIEKED before charging at The Core.

The Core's eyes glowed before he simply reached a mechanical arm, grabbing Anne's head and throwing her into the portal that was created by The Calamity Box. The portal closed the moment she went through, and the Calamity Box shut.

Andrias forced himself to get up before bowing. "My lord...the box is yours."

The Core turned to the Calamity Box and grabbed it, setting it back on the pedestal. He then looked at Andrias. "...SEND BOTS AFTER STRENGTH. I SENSE SHE LIVES..."

Andrias nodded and left the room.

The Core then grabbed Marcy's cold and dead body. He cackled. "I WANTED YOUR LOVE TO DIE...BUT? I CAN MAKE USE OF THIS."

Meanwhile...

Anne fell through the portal and onto grass. Her blue hair and eyes left her, returning her to normal. She forced herself to get up before hearing The Plantars.

"ANNE!!!" Sprig screamed, hopping over and hugging his best friend tightly.

Hop Pop and Polly joined the hug shortly. And not even Polly was surprised to hear Anne begin to cry her eyes out, hugging them all back.