Chapter 12: Strength

Sasha was completely silent as she stared down Anne...before squealing and hugging Anne tightly. "OH, GIRL, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!" She laughed, lifting Anne up high in the air. "You're actually here! Where'd you get the armor-"

"SASHAAAAA!!!" Anne exclaimed, hugging back as she suddenly broke her cuffs, and practically wrapped her arms around her best friend, crying a little. "I-I was s-so s-s-scared-"

"Hey, hey. Girl. Deep breaths, deep breaths." Sasha reassured, rubbing Anne's back in circles with a kind smile.

The Plantars just stared, in awe and confusion. While the Toad Guards were just confused. "Uhhh, your majesty? Isn't this the Heart impostor?"

Sasha kept hugging and comforting Anne, who was crying tears of joy. "I mean, yeah, but that was just to sound cool! She's not-" Her eyes then narrowed. "You attacked her, didn't you?"

The Toads gulped and stepped back.

Sasha sighed. "Say goodbye to your raise. But you're lucky you guys are all very good at your job!"

The Toads suddenly smiled and sighed with relief before leaving the room.

Sasha snorted. "See, that's a good queen." She then looked at Anne, wiping away her tears. "Hey, it's ok. It's me."

Anne sniffled, a giant smile still across her face. "I-I know! I just...I missed you! Oh, oh, oh! You gotta meet some friends of mine!"

She then gestured to The Plantars. "This is Sprig, Polly, and Hop Pop!"

Sasha blinked. She recalled the name 'Hop Pop' before...but she couldn't remember what. Oh, well. It probably didn't matter.

Sprig then hopped over. "Hi, there! Uhhh, your majesty! Anne's told me a lot about her best friend!" He then laughed. "Guess that makes me your best friend-in law!"

Sasha was silent, her pink eyes glowing for a few seconds. "Does it?"

The color drained from Sprig's face and he cleared his throat. "U-Uhhh, yes...?"

Sasha looked at Sprig before looking at Anne, and then back. "Well, I guess it does then, frog!" She said with a shrug.

Anne squealed before hugging Sasha one last time. "Oh, sorry! I just...oh, it's been so long! I've had so many adventures! OH! And get this!" She then closed her eyes for a moment before her hair and eyes turned blue, and she floated in the air. "CHECK ME OUT!"

Sasha's mouth went agape before laughing. "No way! You have that too?!?!"

Hop Pop blinked. "Say whaaaat?"

Polly turned to her grandfather. "Did you steal that from Anne's 'phone'?"

"Yes, Polly. Yes, I did."

Sasha then closed her eyes as well before they snapped open, and sure enough? Her eyes and hair became a glowing pink and she flew next to Anne, her cape blowing like she was a superhero...or someone with a cape looking into a fan.

Anne's jaw dropped and she shook her head. "No froggin' way! You-"

"Have some crazy powers that made me Queen? YUP." Sasha then laughed. "I was given respect and this sweet armor cause of these!"

"QUEEN?" Anne laughed. "You always did say you were queen of school back home! Now, look at you! Some kinda gladiator!"

Sasha laughed, posing a bit and placing her hand on her chest. "Well, I was for a little while! But Anne, look at YOU! Wearing Heart's armor!"

"You know the story too? Dang, is that all they talk about?" Anne laughed before the two of them floated down.

Sasha smirked. "Oh, they don't just talk about it. Follow me! You too, frogs."

Sprig nervously followed, while Polly just followed normally. But Hop Pop? He was a tad bit suspicious. If she was anything like Strength...then that meant she was aggressive if things didn't go her way. Not to mention, what Anne told her.

Sasha seemed to be...controlling. Maybe not now and there wasn't much evidence, but there was just this feeling in his gut that there was more to Sasha then meets the eye.

After a bit of walking, they came across an all too familar toad. Captain Grime. Grime smirked and turned. "Ah, if it isn't my champion! I take it the search went well?"

"You betcha, Grimesy!" Sasha smiled before taking Anne and pulling her next to her. "Anne, meet Captain Grime!"

Anne looked over Grime and to be honest, was slightly crept out. With Grime's scarred and broken eye, his other glowing one, his sharp teeth, and the way he always had his hand on his sword's handle like he was about to decapitate somebody. She gave a nervous wave.

Grime hummed before looking at Sasha, who made a gesture to smile. So? He slowly smiled from ear to ear, showing his sharp fangs.

Anne gulped, watching Grime leave with the smile still on his face. "...are you sure he doesn't wanna kill us?"

"Grime? Eh, maybe." Sasha said.

Anne's hair and eyes went blue, purely out of fear.

"WHOA, girl! I was joking!"

Hop Pop narrowed his eyes a bit. "Is she laughing?"

"Hey, not everyone laughs at jokes." Sasha said before leading them all to where they were going. It looked to be...a museum of some kind.

There were weapons, armor, paintings...but what stood above it all? A bronze statue of multiple beings. Three armored heroes fighting a giant beast. The beast itself looked like an axolotl-newt hybrid with multiple eyes.

Anne almost felt scared to go closer, as if the statue was going to come to life.

Sprig held her hand as a response, and Anne smiled softly before they went closer to the statue.

"The Three Stars and The Night." Sasha said, crossing her arms. "The greatest story in all of Amphibia, that is still honored and beloved as if it never ended. Even the monsters know and fear The Three Stars as apex predators."

Anne looked at the statue of Heart, then Strength, and finally? Wit. For some odd reason, her heart clenched at the sight of Wit...she was curious about her though. She had only heard about Heart and Strength.

But what happened to Wit?

Sasha walked over. "Reminds you of Mar-Mar, huh?"

Anne laughed. "It'd definitely be something she'd cosplay as."

Sasha rolled her eyes a bit before turning to her. "Did you ever find her?"

"I...no...no, I didn't."