Chapter 37: The End

Anne hummed a small tune as she pushed up her laptop and then got out a stack of books and homework. She sighed before typing her computer. "Annnnd...Google Meets, Google Meets, Google- Ah! There it is!"

She clicked on the meet link and sure enough? Marcy and Sasha were waiting for her. She joined in and waved. "Hey, guys!"

"Oh, hey! Someone else is joining our suffering." Sasha said, working on math.

Marcy laughed. "Hey, Anna-Banana!"

Anne smiled and blew her a kiss. "Hey, Mar-Mar!"

Marcy blushed, but caught it with a small giggle. "Still love that."

Sasha playfully rolled her eyes. "I'd say for you two to get a room, but eh! You two are cute."

Anne laughed before sitting back. "So, Marcy said she's all caught up?"

"Yup!" Marcy smiled.

Sasha spat out her drink. "HOW!? We missed over 5 months of homework! OVER 5 months! I'm still way behind! And the trimesters just switched!"

Marcy hummed. "Probably because of the fact that I'm a celestial being and a medieval woman's reincarnation."

"You don't have any of their memories, that doesn't count!" Sasha exclaimed.

Anne sighed. "Well! Mind being our teacher, Ms. Wu?"

"Yup!" Marcy smiled. "It's why we have the study group anyway!"

Sasha hummed. "So, Anne. How are The Plantars? I haven't seen them in a while."

"Oh! Good! They're packing up and tonight? It'll be my goodbye before I see them whenever I go back to Amphibia." Anne said. "Good thing we've got the portal thing down."

Sasha laughed. "That was one crazy part. Didn't we accidentally travel to a world based on the Marvel movies?"

"I wanted to stay." Marcy giggled. "But say hi to the Plantars for me!"

"How's Olivia and Yunan?" Anne asked. "They together yet?"

Sasha blinked. "Wait, what? You see them as a thing? We barely saw them."

"I like to ship for no reason." Anne shrugged.

Marcy smiled. "Yeah! Olivia's getting her coronation soon with her being the new queen! Yunan's her personal bodyguard!"

Sasha nodded. "Makes sense. Grime's doing pretty good as Toad King too. Even though it stinks that my hammer was destroyed, so I couldn't give it to him."

"My sword was ALSO destroyed." Anne laughed. "Hmmm, is there anyone else we forgot?"

"Oh! Oh! Frobo! How is he?" Marcy smiled.

"A remote control car." Anne snorted.

Sasha blinked. "Wait, what?"

Anne laughed. "Jess and Ally are using that as a temporary body until they can rewire and repaint one of the Dark Frobots."

"Phew! I miss that guy." Marcy smiled. "I hope I can see him again soon!"

Anne hummed. "Speaking of seeing again soon...are those cute little horns growing?"

Marcy hummed and shook her head. "Not really! And it's weird that they're horns, cause axolotls have gills instead! So that's a giant fault on The Core's part!"

"If I were an evil villain, I would've chose horns instead of gills." Sasha said.

Anne squealed. "Still so cute! I wanna pet em!"

"Wha? Anne! We have to-" Marcy then blinked when Anne disappeared from her camera.

Sasha sighed. "3...2...1."

Anne then appeared in Marcy's camera, flying into her room and beginning to rub her horns.

Marcy suddenly began to purr like a cat almost, nuzzling into Anne's chest.

"I will never let you go." Anne whispered, kissing Marcy's forehead.

Marcy purred and purred, completely forgetting about everything.

Sasha sighed. "This is gonna be a while."

"Bye bye, Earth!" Polly cried out, watching Frobo drive inside the portal Marcy and Sasha were helping create. She then hugged Anne. "I love ya, big sis!"

Anne smiled and hugged back. "I love ya too, little sis! Those legs will grow eventually!"

"I HOPE." Polly said, bouncing into the portal.

Hop Pop then looked at Anne. "I'm proud of ya, Anne. You're a hero in every sense of the word."

Anne smiled. "Cya next week, Hop Pop."

He hugged her, smiling. "Cya round, Anne. Good luck with your therapist!"

"She's nice, okay?" Anne laughed as she watched him go into the portal. And finally? There was Sprig.

Sprig hopped closer and hugged Anne. "Spranne against every world."

Anne smiled and hugged back tightly. "Spranne against every world."

She slowly, but surely broke the hug. Sprig gave a wave before walking inside the portal. And finally? It closed.

Anne sighed before turning to Marcy and Sasha. "You girls feeling like one last fly?"

"Definitely." Sasha smiled as she flew high in the air, with Anne and Marcy following soon behind.

The city saw three stars that night. One blue. One green. And one pink.

The End.