Thirty-One

Leah

Sunlight shone onto my eyes, morning arrived all too quickly.

Why can't night time just be longer?

I felt a warmth on my back and I wasn't too sure what it is but it was comforting. I didn't want it go away. I felt something strong and heavy across my waist, it pulled me in closer to the warmth. I could really get use to this.

Then realization hit me and my eyes shot open.

Jace spent the night and we slept in the same bed.

But we were miles apart last night!

I looked down to see his arm wrapped comfortably around my waist. He was pressed against my back, molded to the shape I am in.

Under normal circumstance, I would be upset but he looked so angelic. So peaceful. His lips set in a soft pout. His face relaxed but his defined jawline was all too visible in the sunlight.

I just wanted to pinch him because honestly he looked so unreal.

I glanced over to the clock and literally jumped out of my body. "Jace!" I yelled. "Get up!"

I pushed his heavy arm off of me and jolted out the bed.

"What?" He groaned and snuggled into a pillow even more. If I wasn't so freaked out, I would have found it cute.

I took a pillow and smacked him in the face. "Get your ass up! It's 8:15, my mom gets home at 8:25 and school starts at 8:30!"

"So go without me." He muttered sleepily.

I smacked him with another pillow. "Get the hell up! My mom can't see you here, she'll kill me!"

I grabbed the first pair of jeans and top I saw in my closet and bolted into the bathroom as Jace lazily get out of my bed.

"There's a spare bathroom down the hall with all the bath stuff in there!" I yelled behind the closed door.

I jumped in the shower and took the quickest shower of my life. I'm sure if there was a timer on me, it would have stopped at the one minute mark.

Once dressed I grabbed the hairbrush and yanked it through my tangled hair and tossed it into a ponytail.

So many tangles, damn it!

I glanced at my clock as I grabbed my backpack. 8:20am

Five minutes until my mom is home and I needed to either get out of here or get Jace out of here first. Rushing down the stairs, I see Jace standing in the middle of my kitchen looking as refreshed as ever, sipping on a cup of coffee. You wouldn't have thought that he just rolled out of bed five minutes ago.

How in the hell??

How did he have time to freshen up and make fresh coffee in five minutes?

Does he have super speed??

"Want some coffee?" He offered relaxed.