Nineteen

Leah

Shocked. Shocked was the only thing I felt in this very moment.

Jace's lips pressed against my own. His lips were soft and mesmerizing. I found myself giving into the kiss.  And immediately, like an idiot, my eyes fluttered close as I responded. His soft lips slowly working against mine causing fire running down my body with each movement.

His hands rested on my hips pulling me in closer to his embrace. Our kiss deepened as my arms found its way around his neck. I don't know if it was the many drinks I had tonight getting to me or what, but I honestly don't know why I'm letting this continue. My mind screamed stop, but the rest of my body wanted this to continue to feel every inch of him.

He expertly moved his lips against my own. The kiss itself was filled with passion, a sense of aggression and a form of dominance. His tongue skimmed my bottom lip softly asking for access and of course I granted it. His tongue slowly and expertly dancing with my own. God, that tongue. My fingers moved into his hair unconsciously. Wow it's so soft. A small groan left him and I smiled against his lips, happy I found one weakness.

Heat filled the kitchen and want filled my body. The kiss filled with desire. Jace's hands gripped my hips tightly like he was trying to restrain himself from more.

Don't.

Just as this kiss was getting even more heated and intense, the sound of footsteps echoed the large kitchen.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" My eyes snapped opened the instant a voice filled my ears. Without a second thought, I place a hand on Jace's chest and pushed him away causing him to stumble back slightly. All the alcohol I had rushing through my body was gone in an instance automatically sobering me up.

My eyes landed on Nicole Clarke. Her medium brown hair pin straight, her blue eyes widen in shocked. She was dressed in a short thin strapped black dress. Seeing her reaction made me realize what just happened. Like a bucket of ice cold water hitting me directly in the face.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to intrude. I-I'm just gonna go now." She said turning on her heels and running back to where she came from.

Silence filled the kitchen. I touched my slightly swollen lips unable to fathom the moment that just occurred.

Jace kissed me. And I kissed him back.

Oh my god.

Jace was leaning against the island counter once more. He took his thumb and wiped it across his bottom lip removing what ever was left of my lipstick from it. A devious and cocky smirk imprinted on his lips. A satisfied look lined his handsome face.

His stupid handsome face.

"You kissed me." I told him in complete disbelief. "You. Kissed. Me." I paused after every word hoping it would register in my brain.

"And?" He asked and my eyes landed on his lips once more as he spoke. Those delicious lips. I shook my head clear of those thoughts. I'm suppose to be mad at him, not freaking staring at his lips!

Get it together, Leah.

"Why did you kiss me!?" The tone of my voice raised. I was angry. Even if that kiss was amazing, he stole my first kiss. Then it finally clicked. No.