Fifty

Leah

"I have an idea."

Jace looked up from his biology textbook and furrowed his brows. "About the assignment?" He asked confused by my statement.

"No." We we're currently working on an in class assignment in pairs. And of course since we sit near each other we always get paired up. The biology project was turned in the other day. It's safe to say Nate and I rocked cell division.

Kayla was paired up with Jace. She was nervous about doing all the work. Which she doesn't mind if means getting a good grade, but he actually stepped up and completed his part. Actually their project was the best out of the whole class.

I'll take second place. Only this time.

I took the invitation out from under my notebook and placed it on his. "Be my date." His eyes skimmed the words.

He picked up the invitation to the Rylan's Annual Fundraiser Gala and handed it back to me. "I don't think so." He dismissed.

"What? Why?" I questioned. Now, I'm sure this was a great idea.

His eyes met my own. "Stop, getting yourself wrapped up in this."

"Jace, don't you want answers? I know I do. I need to know if Nate's father is actually associated with Dominic." I whispered softly because Nate was seated a few feet away.

He ignored my statement and returned his attention to his textbook.

He was not having it.

Ass.

"With or without you there I will search for my answers. Wouldn't it be better if you were there to make sure I don't screw anything up?" I tried to convinced him.

He dropped his pen on the textbook and leaned back in the chair. "You really are stubborn."

"It's one of my many charming qualities." I told him with a smile.

He couldn't help the small smile that made its way to his lips. He shook his head. "This is a bad idea."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Our only opening to get answers."

He looked thoughtful for a few moments. I had all the anticipation that he was going to agree. "Fine." He finally said.

I internally cheered. Yes!

"But you follow my lead."

Aw man!

I shouldn't complain, honestly. The fact that Jace actually agreed was already pushing my luck. But I thought I could be cool this time and take the lead.

I though I could be James Bond.

"Fine." I muttered under my breath disappointed.

"When is this thing?" He asked tapping his pen against the desk lightly.

"Tomorrow night."

He nodded.

"I hope you have a tux. Because this is definitely the event of the year." I added. "A total black tie event."