Ten

Leah

"What? Wait, what?" I stammered over my words. My ears weren't deceiving, right? "Why? What?"

"You say 'what' too much." Jace said taking a sip of his coffee his hazel eyes trained on me. "I said you're going to spend the day with me." He repeated those very words I heard moments ago.

I sighed and ran a hand down my face out of frustration. I just wanted a hot shower right now. "I heard you the first time. But why?"

"Why not?" He retorted as he studied my features. I'm sure I was giving him a 'what the fuck is wrong with you' look.

"Jace." I said sternly and he just shrugged his shoulders. I wanted a serious answer at this point. I was too tired to decipher his words. I blame the alcohol from last night.

"Is it so wrong to spend time with my girlfriend?"  He teased with a cheeky grin on his lips.

I arched an eyebrow. I was not expecting that " We have titles?"

"Isn't that what you wanted? To be in a 'relationship'?"  He questioned again. Why does he always have to answer my question with a question? "If people were to ask, it would be beneficial to define what this is."

"You weren't acting like my 'boyfriend' last night when you were all over that blonde chick." I spat and instantly regretted the words that came tumbling out my mouth.

A devious smirk widen on Jace's lips and I wanted to kick myself in the ass for this. "Was someone jealous?"

I scoffed. "You wish." I took a sip from the coffee cup that was placed in front of me.

That only causes his lips to widen. "You were jealous." He said leaning across the counter. His movement only made me freeze in place. "Jealous it wasn't you." His face inching closer to my own, I could smell his fresh minty breath. "Jealous it wasn't you who I was whispering sweet nothings to."

My whole body heated up from his words. The closing distance between us did not help my situation.

Before I could react or utter a word, the front door of the house swung home causing our heads to snap towards it. There stood two tall muscular figures and I knew exactly who they were. No real introductions needed.

Ian Carson and Luke Ryder.

Ian Carson stood tall, about the same height as Jace. His dark brown hair fell kind of messily on the top of his head as if he ran his hand through it many times. His striking blue eyes felt like they could see into my soul and as if they held deep rooted secrets. His chiseled jaw was set firm, a smirk tug on his lips. He was definitely amused from this current situation.

Luke Ryder is about an inch short than the two, but still stood tall. His emerald green eyes sparked in the casting sunlight, they swirl with flecks of gold with in them. His light brown almost blonde hair was styled, cropped in the front. He held confusion on his handsome face.

All three were ridiculously good looking, but Jace had just a bit more over the two.

I heard Jace mutter a slew of colorful words under his breath at the entrance of his best friends. He was definitely not expecting them here.