Fourty-Eight

Leah

"I know I said I wanted to throw this movie party, but this is just ridiculous." Kayla complained.

We were currently cleaning up my living room with all the decorations and trash from the Halloween movie marathon yesterday.

Remember that confetti?

Oh yeah, it's everywhere.

Kitchen, couch cushions, bathroom. You named it, it was there.

I even found some in my bra.

Like how??

I'll be picking up confetti until New Year.

"Weren't you trying to impress someone?" I asked grabbing the spider webs from the ceiling. It got all tangled in my hands and no matter how hard I tried to flick it off, it stayed.

Was there super glue on this thing?

Her face redden from the mention of Luke.

Wow.

I never seen her react like that before.

And I decided to have some fun with it.

"Kayla has a crush! Kayla has a crush!" I sang at the top of my lungs skipping circles around her.

"Stop." She whined tossing a empty can at me. Which I dodge just to point out. "I don't."

I giggled at her. "Kay, you so do."

"Whatever." She muttered.

"I think it's cute. And you guys would look great together." I picked up the empty can and tossed it in the trash bag.

"You think so?" She perked up.

Totally taken by Luke.

I gave her smile. "Definitely. You know I like Luke. So you have my vote."

"Well that doesn't mean anything, if he doesn't feel the same." She pointed out.

"We live in the 21st century. Take a chance, you never know what could happen."

"Mhm." She said thoughtfully. "I think I might take your advice."

Kayla has always been the impulsive one in this friendship. So her being the one to make the first move was not odd.

"Is everything okay with you and Jace?" She asked curiously.

Hearing his name caused my heart to pang.

"Yeah, we're fine." I told her hoping she would believe me and the look on her face said the opposite.

We're we on good terms? I highly doubt that.

"Are you sure?" She questioned. "He didn't look too happy when we started Beetle Juice after he left the kitchen."

"He was just moody. Guys get like that." I said adding to my lie.