Sixty

Leah

Meet me at the boxing gym.

That was all the text that flashed onto my phone said. The message was from Jace. It had been a day or so that haven't heard from him. We were both on a mission and by the looks of this text message it seems like he may have found something.

Just as I was about to respond to the message, my phone vibrated once more. This time it was with the address to the gym. I sent a brief 'okay' and grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter. I slipped on my jacket, as much as I loved the cold weather I prefer to keep my fingers. The weather was getting colder as the days pass on by. Now we needed jackets and boots. Maybe a scarf if you were feeling fancy.

I was not fancy.

I got into my car and started it allowing the engine to roar to life. I'm sure my car feels neglected, I barely drive the thing. I patted the steering wheel affectionately. "I promise to drive you more." I mumbled to car.

You could say I felt guilt for its abandonment.

I pulled out of the driveway and drove onto the main road. Although the weather was cold, it was bright sunny day with a few clouds in the sky. I enjoyed the sight of the passing greenery. It took about ten or so minutes to get the gym. The traffic on the road was at a minimal.

I parked my car in an open space in front o the building I noticed Jace's car backed into a space. Show off. I stepped out and was met with a brisk breeze. I pulled my jacket closer to my body as I make my way into the building.

Once I entered the building there were a few people scattered around. Some in the boxing ring practicing. A few by the punching bags tossing some very intense punches. I let my eyes scan the area until they settled onto a tall dark haired guy. The person I was just looking for.

I walked over to where Jace was, weaving through a few people and pieces of equipment. His full attention was on the punching bag in front of him. He had on a a grey long sleeved t-shirt and black joggers. His hands were wrapped in white tape. His dark hair grazed his eyebrows, sweat dripping from the tips.

Right. Left. Right. Left.

It took him a few moments to sense my presence since he was so focused. He looked up with his hazel eyes and grabbed the bag to hold it still. A small grin lined his lips.

"I always tell you taking a picture will last longer." There was playfulness in his voice.

I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the bench next to punching bag. "I wasn't expecting to walk in and see you hulking out on the poor bag."

Jace let out a deep chuckle and I felt a small tingle run down my body from the sound.

I hate that sometime.

He grabbed the towel right off the bench and wiped away the sweat that was lining his forehead before tossing it over his shoulder. Jace grabbed his water bottle and took a seat next to me.

"So, why am I here?" I asked glancing over to him. He took a few gulps of water as his workout dried him out.

"Did you talk to your mom?" He asked and I nodded. "Did you find anything out?"