Chapter 5

The jewelled eyed princess ran through the hallways till she reached the desired room in the Ruby Palace. Pants, shortened breaths, screams and such were heard from that room.

Diana!
She exclaimed inside her head.

No matter how many obstacles come into fate's way, fate will overcome them. . .

She barged into the room, without a care to Lily who was frantically scolding Semper as to why she was present her.

She didn't care about the refuting midwives and nurses when she stood beside the bedpost, tears dripping from her eyes.

It felt as if a wedge had driven through her. As if small needles were prickling her. As if. . .the happiness was going to finally end.

'Dia mama. . .Are you okay...?' A choked sob found their way from Semper.

"Don't talk to her you fool! She still needs to give birth to the princess!"

Ah yes, who was Semper kidding? She was not more than an adopted child of Diana and Claude.

Now that Athanasia is coming to this world, her role as the adopted child is finally fulfilled.

Diana was half conscious, still she wanted to talk back to the nurse that scolded her pretty Semper.

She could hear those faint yellings directed...kind of beside her.

Semper. . .

With the final push of Diana, the child came out safely.

Baby cries could be heard around the room.

Finally Athanasia was born.

And now, they didn't need her anymore.

Semper saw the whole process of birth giving in the medieval times and was terrified about how the women were able to give birth at such conditions.

But that wasn't the thing she should be thinking right now.

In front of her, she could see 'a life taken and a life given' process and wondered why God did such cruelty.

All those thoughts took a stop when she felt a hand resting on her shoulder.

With dead unemotional eyes, she stared at the person who placed their hand in such comforting way. What greeted her was way more unexpected that she had thought.

A bloodied Claude.

"You can cry and let out those emotions instead of bottling them." His existence and his words were so different.

A contradiction.

With that, the emotions that were inside Semper burst out as she hugged him and started crying.

Even Claude wanted to cry along with her. Felix and Lily observed as how Claude comforted her...

After that, he let go Semper and strode towards Lily who was carrying the baby.

He looked at the small life with disgust.

Because of her, his love died.

He grabbed the hilt of his sword as was ready to slice the baby when Lily defended.

And his child too.

'Please don't. . .' With teary eyes, Semper shook her head sideways, 'She is the last gift that Dia mama left for us. . .'

Claude cruelly looked at the baby and questioned Lily about her name.

"Athanasia..."

"Athanasia huh? I'll see how long she will live up to that name...Semper, you don't have business anymore with this palace. Go back."

'Yes'