Return of the wolf ..only i'm not alone part17

COPYRIGHT

Marli’s pov:

Recap:

Marli, deep breath…  you and Trey didn’t do anything wrong.

You were just dancing. Really close.

God … I hope it’s not Trey and Marinas mum….

Please don’t be Marina…. Please don’t be Marina…..

I felt my hold on Trey and his on me immediately loosen. I felt him straightened up as I turned my head to face the person who interrupted us.

My mum was standing beside us with a smile on her face and unreadable eyes, like she was trying to hold whatever she was thinking back….

………………………………………..

I unconsciously took half a step back from Trey as if I’d been burned as I felt the familiar warmth of a blush across my face. “ Uh H-hi mum” I stammered as she stood there as if she hadn’t just seen me nearly kiss Trey.

Oh great Marli… stammering and stepping away like you’re being caught stealing?

Now I look like your guilty of something!

My eyes snapped back to Trey, who now had his hands in his pockets and was looking completely relaxed as he nodded at my mum“ Ms Deschanel”

I looked back to my mum who maintained her sweet smile but her eyes had a hardness to them I had never seen before. When she spoke her politeness was seeped in authority, the kind that makes you freeze in your tracks.

“Trey, it’s good to see you. I’m sorry to interrupt but I’d like to talk to Marli for a second. Mother and daughter catch-up, I’m sure you understand”

He nodded in understanding and a slightly forced smile spread across his face as he replied, “Of course you must” his voice was calm but I could see tension in his jaw as he spoke.

Well this is awkward…. can you spell ‘disapproving mother’?

“ So why don’t you run along, I think I heard your father say he was looking for you” my mum said in a softer voice, though I realised I’d never heard a command so obvious.

Trey didn’t move for a second, looking at me and smiling briefly before he replied, “ well I guess I’d better find him.” The same mysterious feeling of power was rippling out from his body like before, though it seemed weaker than it had been. It was almost like I couldn’t feel the full force of it, like I had been numbed to it. If it had been music then it was like when someone switches off the bass, giving the song less impact.