Return of the wolf....only i'm not alonepart24

Copyright – All Rights Reserved

Marli’s pov.  24

Were mates. That’s not a mistake. Were going to figure this out’.

Trey’s words swirled in my head; I chanted them internally to myself over and over, bolstering all my strength as Uncle Eric pulled me along the dark road to our house.

I couldn’t be bothered to wipe the tears that I knew were silently running down my face.

His whole body emanated rage, power and guilt.

I could practically feel the guilt pouring out of him like a tidal wave, seeping from every pore in his body.

He felt guilty.

He goddamn should feel guilty.

His grip on my wrist had lessened slightly but his pace hadn’t, leaving me having to jog behind him to keep up.

I glanced up at the full moon. Watching the eerie stillness of it’s round, unbreakable shape – with no corner of weakness. Powerful.

I could feel it calling to me. I could feel the familiar light headed, dizzy feeling of a near shift clouding my vision, making my limbs feel fluid like water. Next would be the bone crunching snaps and the slow burn of the transformation.

Human form surrendering to wolf form.

With my heightened emotions, I knew that my control would be near non-existent.

I want to see Trey… he should be here… we should be running together under the moonlight…

But he wasn’t here and I needed to shift tonight or it would be very painful.

“ I need to shift. Soon.” I said, my cold, hard voice that across the street sounded alien to me.

Uncle Eric stopped and sighed, turning so I could see the burnt orange glow in his eyes – he was very close to transforming. We were right outside our house and I could see the yellow lights from the kitchen burning in the darkness, where my mum was undoubtedly waiting for us to return.

The same sense of overwhelming guilt washed from him, pouring over me and I could see the sorrow in his eyes, almost verging on pity.

“ I know you do. Tonight your run will need to be very quick and not very far. I don’t know exactly how happy the other pack member s will be about my challenging Mr Dawson’s authority as their titled Alpha. Not to mention, Trey.” His voice was quiet but coated with an animalistic gravely sound, and I could tell he was trying hard to restrain himself form giving into the call of the moon.

At the mention of Trey my muscles involuntarily tensed.

“ I don’t want there to be any reprisals towards you for my actions.” He said softly.

I felt my whole body shake with anger and for a second I saw Eric’s eyes shutter with the force of my anger, the anger that I couldn’t keep in because the moons pull had made the barriers between my woof instincts and my human discipline so thin.

And I was about to break them like a sledgehammer through papier-mâché.

I rounded on him, my wolf growled, making me step forward so I was only inches from him. I was challenging him with my body language, threatening even as I stood so close to him, looking up into his face.