Return of the wolf...only i'm not alonepart25

Copyright All Rights Reserved 2012

Marli’s pov :

I was submerged in darkness, deep and shapeless.

It was like being in water; the light, drained feeling you have of not being attached to anything as you float on the surface filled my limbs as the prickling, fiery pain ripped through my back.

Please someone make it stop….please.. make it stop… this can’t be real…make it stop…

Time seemed to feel like forever, as if I’d been suspended in this pitch-black cage of pain for years.

What was this?! 

What is happening to me?

All I could hear was white noise. SHHHHHHHHHHH……….

SHHHHHHHHHH……. SHHHHHHHHHH……SHHHHHHHHHHH……….

That and the constant, roaring pain that felt like knives ripping into my back.

As if someone had poured gasoline over my back and set fire to the skin.

Was this ever going to end?

Make it stop… someone make it stop…. Make the pain stop… trey… someone.. please… make it stop … trey… trey… make it stop….. Help me….. Find me…..

Then I felt it.

Suddenly I felt like I could survive this. That life was worth living, I was not alone.

This presence was here with me.

The small cooling sensation spreading from my left hand, up my arm like a cool cloth when you have a burning fever. It ran up my arm, across my chest, achingly slowly, mellowing the pain. It felt like a numbing drug.

As the sweet sensation began to run across my stomach and I feel the pain dissolve, and scatter into only a shadow of what it had been.

No more pain…. Down my right arm, to my fingers, my neck, the feeling carried on spreading, and along my legs, my feet.

Now all that was left was the aching pain on my back, but even that was fading, still burning but now it was only smouldering. The fire had gone.

I lay in the darkness, floating, and the white noise that surrounded me dipping up and down.  Then there were whispers, muffled noises, and I could hear a familiar high-pitched wail somewhere in the distance.

I felt like I was wrapped in cotton wool, stifled underneath layers of binding fabric.

I tried to focus on seeing something in the darkness but nothing happened.

The noises got louder, blending into the always-present white noise, like blood in milk, dispersing, slowly turning the white noise into something completely different. 

Why! Why now? Why couldn’t you just wait? The voice felt familiar, I could almost place it.

Then there was a growl and I heard a deep , hard voice in the distance with the other voice. I couldn’t wait any longer. None of us could. You knew this would happen!

You kept here in this god-forsaken pack for so long she’s forgotten whom her real family are! I told you to come back! I told you time and time again that you needed to do what was best for her! Now she’s going to suffer when she could have been –

The other voice cut over the deep voice, it was strained, full of tears,

Been what? What? Adjusted? She was a child! She is a child!