Return of the wolf...only i'm not alonepart26

Copyright – All Rights Reserved

Marli’s pov 26

Recap: ……………………………………………………………………………………

I lay in my bed and whispered to myself,

I AM ALPHA. HEAR ME ROAR.

If they wanted me to be an alpha, then I would damn well start acting like one.

…………………………………………………………………………………….

Getting out of bed was difficult, my back was stiff. The skin on my back ached and stung like sunburn when I moved too much.

Crap!

I slowly raised myself up from my bed, being careful to try and not stretch my back o much. When I leant forward to pull my covers off I winced and bit my lip with the pain that ran across my back, “ Ughhhh”

Once I was standing I shuffled across my room, opened my door and went into the bathroom. In the harsh light reflecting off the white tiled walls, the sight that greeted my in the mirror was not pretty. At all.

I looked like crap. Actually, I looked worse than crap.

Did I look like this when Trey was in my room?

Please…please…no!

The girl in the mirror’s hair was greasy and tangled, her face was pale, which contrasted horribly with puffy red eyes, and her frowned lips were chapped.

I sighed, shuffling to the toilet, washing my hands and then dowsing my face with cold water. I looked back at the girl again, the same red puffy eyes and sallow skin except now her face and front of her hair was covered in water.

What I needed was a shower. It took me a while to carefully take off my clothes and I hissed in pain when I was bending over.

All I kept thinking was that I needed to get out of this house and I needed to talk to Trey.

The warm water was surprisingly soothing and as I ran shampoo and conditioner through my hair I found myself drying again. About how shitty the whole situation was. How I was angry at how hurt and betrayed I felt by my Uncle and my mother.

I especially hated that I was so angry with her. I didn’t want to be, I knew she was upset, I wanted someone to just flip a switch ands then everything would go back to normal. I didn’t want to feel the new Alpha power running through my veins, humming within me. I let the hot water spray across my head as I cried.

More than anything, I wanted my best friends to talk to but we weren’t speaking.

At that exact second I would have done anything to just have them sit down next to me with sympathetic faces and both give me a big hug. For them to lay on my bed with me and tell me it was going to work out. That it would be fine, just like we always used to say to each other when we were upset or had a bad break up.