Return of the wolf....only i'm not alonepart9

RECAP of Marli's pov:

"Let go of her now." The same voice repeated slowly, from behind me.

Jenny quickly let go of me, still looking behind me...

Marina was also looking behind me ... looking almost apologetic...

I turned my head to see whom and interrupted, already knowing.

I looked up to see two familiar green eyes staring down at me, looking concerned.

His hair was still sexily mussed and his arms were folded in a look of authority that

Seemed both scarily powerful and sexily attractive all rolled into one.

Trey.

.........................

I stood there as if frozen for a second - the air seemed to hum with the energy of his presence and I could feel the same familiar world wind of emotions running through me.

How did he do that to me so effortlessly?

I started to feel my muscles tense, almost painfully.

The all too familiar burning sensation in my lower back started slowly creeping up my spine.... It was like in the reception, something was drawing the wolf in me out, knocking down my emotional barriers and slowly pushing me towards transforming.

I balled my fists up immediately, tightening them so that my nails dug into my palms painfully. I was trying to focus all my energy on keeping myself human.

And if I stayed here in the hallway much longer there would be no chance of success.

More specifically if I stayed anywhere near Trey...

Marina suddenly spoke up; her whole face had contorted into a badly veiled mask of anger and was still staring at Trey saying lowly " This has nothing to do with you, Trey. Back off"

I looked up at Trey who was calmly staring them down, his tanned arms still crossed but I could see the slight tension in his arms muscles... as if he was trying to hold something back... something he didn't want me to see...

"This has everything to do with me." He said, his voice reverberating pure power and control. His jaw was slightly clenched and all of a sudden Marina and Jenny seemed convulse forward slightly for a split second, their muscles jerking slightly, before righting themselves.

They both looked form Trey, to me and back to Trey again.

I needed to leave. Now. My whole body was aching with the strain of controlling the growing burning sensation, as my muscles began to shift slightly. My eyes would start changing any second now.

It would horrify them all.

I could tell I only had a matter of minutes before I lost control.

" I'm leaving" I told Marina and Jenny between gritted teeth, and then, turning I came face to face with Trey.

He was looking down at me, his jaw seemed to have clenched more, the muscles in his arms seemed to stand out with tension and his emerald green eyes seemed concerned...worried even.

"Move Trey. NOW" I said quietly between gritted teeth.

I could feel the same, familiar panic in the pit of my stomach... I had never gotten this close to changing in public... I needed to get out NOW.

As I kept my eyes locked to his I thought I saw something flicker in his eyes.

I felt him move to my side before I saw him move, he was so quick.