Return of the wolf....only i'm not alonepart10

Marinas pov.

We just wanted to talk to her. We wanted to try and explain, stop her regarding us like stone statues. She was our best friend- and despite everything that never stopped.

She didn't hate us but she couldn't forgive us.

I tried not to wince in pain, as I realized she was uncomfortable crying in front of us without looking ashamed at showing us that depth of emotion.

She wiped the tear away from her face, as if frustrated for opening up.

We used to be the first people she went to when she was upset and she used to cry on our shoulder.

And we had destroyed that.

It couldn't be fixed.

That was unless we told her everything.

And I wanted to .... I was so tempted. I could have just opened my mouth and told her and it would have fixed things. She'd understand. It was Marli.

It might not be easy but if anyone would understand I'm sure Marli would.

She was always so compassionate.

I wanted to tell her we had no choice.

That we didn't want to ignore her and cut her out of our lives.

But that we'd promised. We had made a pact, not realising we couldn't go back until it was done. Then it was too late.

I wanted to tell her how much we'd both missed her.

That we'd wanted to call but couldn't.

How we'd even found her boarding schools number in the directory.

But it would have broken every rule we had been given and exposed the one thing we vowed we'd never tell.

And with everything that had been going on, everything we had yet to discover about ourselves then, we could have hurt her more than we already had.

I had been about to tell her, Jenny holding her arm, when Trey arrived. I could feel his presence before he came into view. I could feel his power rolling off him.

As if silently warning us to honor our promise.

I felt a growl build in my chest when he came behind Marli , but I suppressed it.

That would only freak her out and then we would never have a chance of ever gaining her trust, let alone friendship.

Her quivering arm tensed noticeably as he neared us.

"Let go of her now" my brother said in a low, controlled voice. I could sense the power inside him, almost breaking to get free. His arms were crossed and I could see his jaw clenched in anger.

His natural power seemed to roll off him in waves, washing over us, disarming Jenny and I. Jenny immediately let go of Marli's arm, as is ordered and I could see how nervous she was under his obvious strength.

I could feel anger bubbling inside me, and I tried not to reveal it on my face.

I didn't want to scare Marli...if I got too emotional...if I lost control...if my eyes altered in front of her.....

I could only picture how terrified she'd would be.... her eyes wide with shock and repulsion.... would it ever really be the same if she knew?

"This has nothing to do with you Trey. Back off" I said in a low voice, coating my voice with venom.

God, how bad would this look in front of Marli?

Trey was staring us down, his green eyes fixed on both of ours, as if daring us to speak.