Part 1

Choi Jisu, who also went by Lia, was what people would call a 'perfect' student. She always got the highest grades in, she had a perfect record, students loved her, teachers loved her and most importantly, she was the school council president. Both juniors and seniors looked up to her. On top of that, she was a social butterfly. She made friends within minutes. Everybody wanted to be her friend, that's just the kind of effect Lia had on others. Her attractiveness and admirable qualities always made her stand out.

On the other hand, there is Shin Ryujin. Ryujin was both similar and different to Lia. She was Lia's rival in terms of academics. She too also always got the highest grades but people didn't give her the same respect. She was hard to approach and definitely had a much colder image than Lia. She preferred spending lunch alone and hated the thought of socialising. She was very strong too. Last term, a guy had asked her out and after he got rejected, the guy pestered her for weeks. At the end, she decided to punch the guy's face and he never went up to her ever again. She was as attractive as Lia, just not as approachable.

Whenever Lia and Ryujin would walk down the same corridor, people would stay still and silent. Students would act as if the two were going to fight. They were seen as rivals by both students and teachers after all. What they didn't know was that there was something more to them.

"Here comes Lia, and look there's Ryujin on the other side." Students would point and keep their distant. Lia and Ryujin would just walk past each other, giving each other a smile. This always shocked the crowd. The two rivals acting as friends.

There were rumours that Lia and Ryujin hated each other which is also what made people ship them.

As for their secret?

Well, it was true that Lia and Ryujin were not close nor did they meet after school or anything like that, but, what they didn't know was that Lia's and Ryujin's family were best friends.