Part 16

Results day was here.

Results day was here-

"RESULTS DAY IS HERE!" Lia exclaimed when her alarm went out. She quickly got out of bed and started aggressively brushing her teeth. Her gums even started bleeding. She was in a rush to get to school early. Results day always gave Lia this adrenaline, even though she knew she did well.

She ran off to school, not even eating her breakfast. She was so hyper.

As everyone sat down in class, she looked around noticing no Ryujin. There was also no teacher. The class waited for about thirty minutes when Ryujin decided to enter the class. Lia gave Ryujin a confused face and Ryujin explained that the teacher couldn't find his key so she had to help him out. It took the man around another ten minutes to enter the classroom

He entered the door with a serious face. The type of face that meant disappointment. He slapped a pile of papers on the table.

"You guys know what day it is." His voice was sterne. The class gulped and sat straight.
"I have your Maths exams with me alright? You'll get your other exams in your other classes. Please review your mistakes and make sure the adding is done correctly." He paused for a breath. "One more thing, I'm disappointed in a lot of you."

Lia looked at Ryujin and Ryujin looked at Lia. They were scared too. One student was brave enough to ask, 'what was the highest score and who got it?'
"Let's see, ahh, the highest was a 98%."
"Who?"
"One second... ahh, Lia and Ryujin. You both tied."
"Of course, didn't expect anything else." One student shouted.
"Congratulations."
The two girls smiled and looked over their exams.
"Can I also add that the average of the class was 51. A lot of you failed. Those who did will have to attend clinics."

More than half the class had failed. Lia and Ryujin shrugged and just smiled. The first exam was a success.

The day kept going and it turned out that both of them got the same scores in all the subjects they had in common. The school wasn't too surprised as this always happened.

"Well Lia, to celebrate, can I take you out on a date?" Ryujin said as she gave her hand out. The corridor was silent and you could hear gasps here and there. Ryujin just asked Lia out in front of everyone. Lia blushed a bit and said,
"Of course Jin, you choose the place." The crowd clapped and some people even shouted, "so are you two together now?" Ryujin just smiled at them, grabbed Lia's hand and pulled her out.

"Ryujin! In front of everyone?"
"Yeah, I mean it doesn't matter right?"
"You know what, you're right. I mean we're going to get married."
"Besides, some drama is funny." Ryujin laughed.
"I can agree, so where we going for lunch?"
"I actually have something else planned."
"You do?"
"Fancy dinner."
"Fancy dinner?"
"Mhm, only for you. But we're going for lunch too."