Part 6

It had been about a month since their fathers announced the engagement. The engagement was now only a week away.

It was a Saturday morning so that meant no school. Ryujin made her way downstairs and noticed her father sitting down and drinking coffee while reading the newspaper.

"Hey dad, it's a surprise seeing you."
"Good morning to you too Ryujin. Well I have to visit my daughter, don't I?"
"Of course, do you want to eat anything? I'm making breakfast."
"You can cook?"
"Of course I can. I'm a really good cook in fact. Lia says that too."
"So you've invited Lia over too?"
"Well after the announcement, we thought it would be a good idea if we got to know each other better."
"True, true, who knows, maybe you'll be glad that you get married after all."
"I doubt that dad, but whatever. Ok so what do you want to eat."
"Whatever you're going to eat. Also, I have made dinner plans, Monday evening."
"Why not today? I have school on Tuesday."
"It'll be quick, I just want a dinner with my daughter."
"If you say so then." Ryujin sighed.

On Monday, during lunchtime, Ryujin found Lia looking really stressed about something. She kept scratching her head, which was new as Lia was usually a very organised girl that would easily solve her problems.

"Hey Lia, what's up. Why are you so stressed?" Ryujin approached her as she put her plate down to eat.
"I've been invited to this party tonight, I'm being forced to go by everyone and I really don't want to go."
"That's what you're worrying about? Just tell them you already had plans."
"I already told them I'd think about it." Lia cried.
"Well then say that something just came up or that you forgot you had other plans. They can't force you to go."
"Well they kind of did. I had the exams as an excuse last time."
"I would have gone with you Lia but my father arranged a dinner for both of us. He says he wants quality time with his daughter."
"At least you'll have a better evening than me."
"How about you go, you talk to people for a few minutes and then say whoops, my dad is calling, I need to get back home, sorry guys."
"I'll do that then."
"Good, now eat your food."

Lia decided to follow Ryujin's advice of thinking of an excuse. So she went to the party.

The party was.... different.