Part 10

And the engagement day was here. The place was decorated beautifully and there was a large banner that wrote 'Lia and Ryujin'. It was still early morning and there were still a few hours before guests would come. Lia and Ryujin sat there looking at the banner. They talked about how unexpected this whole engagement was but how they didn't mind much at the end. Their fathers came.

"So girls, are you ready for your engagement then?" Mr Choi chuckled.
"I guess we are." Lia replied.
"Thanks for understanding this whole situation at the end, thanks Lia and Ryujin." Mr Shin said.
Lia and Ryujin nodded. Lia started yawning.
"I suggest you sleep a bit. You've been awake all night and you must be fresh and awake when guests are here. You too Ryujin."
"You got it Sir."
"Both you and Lia should rest in the guest room downstairs."
So Ryujin and Lia found their way to the guest rooms.
"I'll take the couch Lia, alright?" Ryujin said as she thought it would be weird if they both slept on the the same bed.
"It's okay Ryujin, sleep here. I'll sleep on the side." Lia said as she patted the bed. She knew Ryujin didn't want to act weird.
"You sure? I really don't mind the couch."
"I'm sure, I don't want you to hurt your neck."
Ryujin reluctantly agreed and sat on the bed.
"Hey Lia, is it okay if I ask you a question?"
"Tell me."
"Are you really okay with this engagement?"
"Are you okay with it?"
"I'm fine with it."
"Then I'm fine with it too."
Ryujin smiled.
"That's good then."
They both rested for a few hours. Lia suddenly woke up. She felt really thirsty. There was no water in the room which meant she had to go the kitchen. She saw Ryujin peacefully sleeping and tried her best to get out of bed without waking her up. She carefully opened the door and went to the kitchen. She got her water and was about to go back until she noticed some open photo albums. She was going to put them back in their cupboards but noticed a lot of photos of her and Ryujin. She teared up, and for the first time she remembered a bit of her childhood with Ryujin. The photo she saw was when she had accidentally stolen Ryujin's ice cream when she wasn't looking. She laughed and cried at the same time. She started to miss her childhood. She missed Ryujin for some reason.

As she looked through the photo album, she started to remember more and more of Ryujin. She had a huge smile on her face. A photo accidentally fell out. She picked it up and saw it was a picture of Ryujin carrying her. She turned the picture around and saw a letter. The letter was for her.

Behind the picture wrote 21st July 2010, Lia's birthday!!

Dear Lia,

I know I won't send this letter to you but that's okay!

I hope you had the best birthday ever! You're so amazing, you're the coolest person I know! I want you to always be happy and remember that I will always be there for you! No matter what! Always remember your Jin will be right by your side with your favourite strawberry ice cream when you're sad. I can't say this to you but I love you Jisu. I always will.

Jin!

Lia cried a lot. She kept the picture in her pocket. She wanted to tell Ryujin that she was grateful she stuck around her all those years. She wanted to hug her.