Part 17

Ryujin arrived at Lia's house at 7 pm sharp. She wore a black suit that Lia loved. She opened the door to find a very beautifully dressed up Lia. Ryujin smiled at her.

"Listen Jin, this was your idea." Lia said as she turned away. She was blushing.
"I'm glad I had this idea, you look stunning you know."
"No, you look stunning."
"I know that."

Ryujin took Lia to the car and they drove off to the fancy dinner. The restaurant Ryujin chose was actually very fancy. And very expensive.

"You're going to pay for this Jin?" Lia was confused. She looked around as she set her napkin on her lap.
"Yes, just for you." Ryujin smiled again.
"But why?"
"Because I love you."
"I don't want you to go broke because of me though."
"You know Lia, if I have your love, I'll never be broke."
"Well Jin, I love you too." Lia sighed and held her hand.
"As long as you're by my side, everything is fine. But I want to talk to you Lia."
"Tell me."
"I haven't been very transparent with you lately."
"Do you have something you want to tell me?"
"I'm not feeling the best."
"Like you're sick?"
"No not like that... it doesn't matter."
"No, Ryujin, tell me. I want to help you."
"I haven't been feeling mentally great. I don't know how to word it." Ryujin sighed and took a sip of water.
"Are you tired or stressed?"
"I don't know. There's no clarity. Everything's a blur."

Ryujin tried expressing the different feelings and sadness she was going through but she knew that Lia never understood what she really wanted to say. Maybe another day.

They walked around for a bit after dinner and sat down on the park bench for a break. Ryujin rested her head on Lia's shoulder. She had some tears rolling down her face. She sobbed silently. Lia turned to the girl and wiped her tears away.

"Ryujin, I'm not sure of what you're feeling, but just know that I'm always here for you. Whenever you need me, text me, call me, heck even come to my house. If you want to cry or rant about anything, you can do that with me. If you just want someone to listen, I'll listen. If you want to talk, I'll talk to you. If you feel like you're not loved, remember that my love for you is way more than you can ever imagine." Lia smiled weakly.
Ryunin continued crying into her arms, hugging Lia as tight as possible.

What's wrong Ryujin?
This is the first time I've seen you so delicate.
You were always so fierce and bold, now you're so soft and you're fragile.

How can I help you.

I want to help you.

Later that week, Lia stopped by at Ryujin's house to give back the books she had borrowed before. Ryujin wasn't there at home but her father surprisingly was.

"Hello Mr Shin, sorry for coming randomly, I have to return these books to Ryujin."
"Of course Lia, Ryujin isn't here at the moment but you can leave it in her room. I was just about to have tea, I can make you some? Join me."
Lia nodded and bowed. She went up to Ryujin's room placed the book on her table.

Lia quickly remembered the papers that Ryujin didn't want her seeing. She looked at the previous place of those papers and they were there. Sitting neatly on the second shelf. The room was much cleaner now. Lia walked closer to the papers but felt a sharp pain in her heart. She felt as if she was betraying Ryujin. Betraying her trust. If it was something important, Ryujin would have told her a long time ago. Still Lia was tempted. She walked closer but just as she reached her hand out, Mr Shin called her down for tea.