Part 3

Ryujin wore a very formal suit, it was a formal lunch gathering after all, and Lia wore a very classy dress. The two made their way to the car and were on their way to the lunch.
"The suit looks good on you Ryujin." Lia hesitated a bit while giving the compliment as she rarely did. Ryujin of course didn't mind the compliment.
"Thanks Lia, you look really good too."
They both talked normal on the way. Sure, they weren't close friends and remained formal and distant with each other, but they were still comfortable around each other and didn't mind talking. They reached the gathering and Ryujin was nice enough to help Lia out the car. Her dress was long so she had some difficulty. They arrived a little early which was fine as it gave them time to talk to their fathers.
"Hi dad. So, what was the reason behind this gathering?" Lia asked her father.
"Hey dad." Ryujin turned to her father.
"Well, we want to announce something important." Both fathers replied.
"And what's that?" Ryujin asked again.
"You'll see, be patient. Just walk around for now."
So they did. Lia and Ryujin found an empty sitting area and relaxed there for a while as guests came in.
"What do you think the announcement is about?" Lia asked Ryujin.
"I don't know, something about the company probably. You know how addicted our parents are to work."
"True."
After about half an hour, all the guests came in. The house was packed and it made Ryujin slightly uncomfortable and overwhelmed. Lia noticed and tried to distract Ryujin.
Mr Choi and Mr Shin, their fathers, walked up to the stage, ready to announce the 'important announcement'.
"Welcome guests, welcome everybody. Thank you for joining us. This was planned last minute so we appreciate you finding the time and joining us. Ok so, Mr Shin and I have a very important announcement for you all. As you know, we've been partners in the company for a long time. We've grown this company together alongside the support of our wives and children. It is our pleasure to announce something that will make this company's bond even stronger. Our daughters, Lia and Ryujin, are going to be engaged. This might seem like an odd decision, but it will only strengthen our bond."
Lia immediately looked at Ryujin and Ryujin looked back. Both their hearts stopped.
Me? Marry Ryujin?
Me? Marry Lia?
Right after the lunch ended, they dragged their fathers to the backside.
"Dad! What the hell!" Ryujin shouted.
"Yeah dad! What's this all about!" Lia shouted too.
"Relax, you both know each other. You're both friends, you're both fine around each other and this is going to help us out. Don't freak out." Mr Choi explained. Mr Shin nodded.
"So you're going to get married for your own benefit? How nice!" Lia shouted again.
"You both should know that Lia and I want to do something with our life and marriage is not a main focus!" Ryujin tried to defend her and Lia. Lia aggressively nodded.
"Girls, please, it's okay. Is this fuss because you're both girls?"
"NO! WE JUST DON'T WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW!"
"You guys will fall in love with each other and regret this conversation. Ask the driver to drop you both home and do whatever. We are not changing this plan."
"You didn't even ask us for our permission."
"What permission? It's fine, it's our decision. Besides, you two look good together."
Ryujin gave a disappointed look to her father and Lia did the same to hers. They were both asked to be sent away.

"Our fathers messed up." Ryujin stated as they rode back home.
"Tell me about it." Lia sighed.
"I'm not even disappointed about the fact that I'm marrying you, I'm disappointed they didn't take our decision and feelings into consideration."
"I say the same. Our dads' are blinded by work honestly Ryujin."
"Well, here's your stop, bye Lia."
"Bye, see you tomorrow."

They both couldn't sleep for the whole night.

A forced marriage was the last thing they wanted.