Part 5

A few years ago, maybe about two years ago, Lia liked Ryujin. They were very distant before but she always admired Ryujin. She just had this aura that really interested you. Why did she like her, Lia never knew. She decided to forget about her feelings for a while because she knew that her and Ryujin together would never be possible. She guessed some of the feelings came back because they were about to be engaged. She still was positive that she didn't like Ryujin in that way anymore.

At the end of the school day, Ryujin and Lia met up at the promised location. The café was a popular spot as it sold the best cakes and coffee in the city.
"Get whatever you want, my treat." Ryujin proposed.
"Thanks Ryujin, I'll treat you next time." Lia smiled hoping there would be a next time. They placed their order and continued their discussion from before.
"So you must have a lot of friends Lia, right?"
"I might seem like I love people, but honestly, I don't have any friends. They just befriend me for popularity you know." Lia said as she sipped her coffee. "They only befriend me because they know it will make them look good." She sounded a bit hurt.
"Thats sucks for them Lia. There's more to you than just grades and popularity. I'm your friend." Ryujin gave a warm smile and Lia couldn't help but smile back.
"That means a lot Ryujin. So what about you? Do you have any friends?"
"Nope. I've never had a friend in my entire life. You know, born to be alone." She chuckled.
"Well, you've made your first friend now."
"Of course, thanks. I don't want to sound awkward but you're really pretty Lia." Ryujin said as she stared at Lia's eyes.
"Huh? I am? Well you're quite pretty yourself Ryujin." Lia was a bit flustered.
They kept drinking coffee and laughing until the evening when they finally decided to leave.

"I'll drop you off Lia."
"That's too much trouble, I'll be fine."
"I insist, it's dark and cold now anyway."
"Alright then, lead the way."

And just like that, Ryujin and Lia started meeting up more. They met up for coffee and study sessions. They started getting really close to the point the school wasn't shocked about their interactions anymore.