Part 13

A few weeks later, exam week was right around the corner. Ryujin and Lia were very diligent students and were very serious about their academics. They decided to put their coffee breaks on hold for a while, until exam week was over.

Students had a week off to prepare for exams. Other students didn't take exams too seriously and spend thd week going out and wasting time.

The day before the exams, Lia decided to walk around to get some fresh air and release stress. She walked by the coffee place she and Ryujin usually visited and saw Ryujin, with another girl. That girl was not a family member nor were they a friend of Ryujin's. She didn't recognise her. Lia was disappointed. She stopped dates with me for exams but is here drinking coffee with this other girl? She even thought of the idea of Ryujin cheating on her. She decided to confront her after exams because she didn't want to stress herself or Ryujin. Lia was calm, she didn't even give Ryujin the cold shoulder.

"How was the Chemistry exam!" Ryujin ran up to Lia. It was the last day of the stressful week.
"Not too bad. I think I did well."
"Of course you did, I know you did!" Ryujin noticed something off about Lia.
"Lia, are you okay? You seem a bit off?"
"I'm fine really. Just tired."
"Oh okay, then, do you-, nevermind."
"What is it?"
"I was going to ask you out for lunch but if you want to rest that's alright."
"Lunch is fine." Lia sounded a bit rude.
"Okay, let's go then?"

They went to Lia's favourite place.

"You sure you're okay? Lia?"
"I'm really fine."
"You know you can talk to me."
"What did you do during exam week?"
"Well, I studied?"
"And what else, surely you didn't stay at home for a whole week?"
"I stayed at home for the majority of the week. I drank coffee once but that was it. Lia, what's wrong?"
"Did you drink coffee with someone?"
"Why are you asking?"
"Just tell me."
"First tell me why you're asking."
"Why aren't you answering my question?"
"Ok sorry, yes I drank coffee with someone."
"Who was she?"
"Just someone I know."
"What's your relation with her?"
"Look, can we please change subject."
"Why, just tell me."
"Listen Lia, there are some private things okay."
"You can't even tell me who that girl was?"
"It's really complicated, and I don't know what your reaction will be." Ryujin looked down.
"So you're cheating?" Lia got up, started crying and ran away.
"No! How could you think that! Lia!" She chased after her but Lia ran far.

She spend the afternoon calling, trying to reach Lia but no luck. She wasn't at home or they're usual place. Great, Lia hates me now. How can I tell her that she's got the wrong idea. Ryujin started crying.

The same evening, she decided to stop and rest at the park. She heard distant crying and sniffling, only to find Lia sitting further away. She quickly got up and ran to Lia.

"Lia! You're here! I've been searching for you. Please don't go like that."
"What difference does it make if I'm gone?"
"A huge difference Lia." Ryujin stood still. "You don't know this, but it really does." Ryujin started crying a bit.
"I'm sorry for running away like that Jin."
"No, actually I'm sorry for not explaining the whole situation. I just know that truth will hurt you."
"What is it?" Lia looked concerned.
"The girl was... my doctor."
"Your doctor?"
"Yes."
"What type?"
"Psychiatrist."
"You go to therapy Jin?"
"Yes, for the past 2 years."
Lia stood up for a hug.
"I'm sorry for assuming something else." She cried into her arms.
"I know you didn't really mean it."
"Please forgive me."
"Of course Lia, I love you after all."
"I love you too Jin." She gave her a tight hug.

That night, Lia couldn't sleep, thinking about how her mistake might have affected Ryujin. She couldn't sleep all night so she decided to call Ryujin.

"Hey are you awake Jin?"
"I am now, what's up."
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"You can go back to sleep now."
"Goodnight Lia." She laughed.

She cried herself to sleep that night.