Part 11

She went back to the room to find Ryujin still peacefully sleeping. She smiled at the sight of her. Lia accidentally closed the door behind her a bit too loud. It woke Ryujin up. The sleepy girl sat up and saw Lia at the door. She scratched her head and spoke in a sleepy voice.

"Did you go somewhere?"
Lia walked up to the bed.
"Just went to get some water, Jin."
Ryujin's eyes opened wide. She was shocked that Lia called her 'Jin' after so many years. She smiled. Lia noticed her reaction and smiled back.
"You remember?"
"It took me a while but then I remembered."
"That makes me really happy to hear Jisu."
Lia hesitated a bit but got closer to Ryujin to give her a hug. Ryujin accepted the hug and smiled.
"Thank you for everything." Lia said softly.
"Always." Ryujin replied. "Do you want to go out for a small brunch?" She asked.
"Sure, I'll just get ready."

They went to their favourite café and had a breakfast burrito with some coffee.

"Ahh dad is calling me." Ryujin said.

"What's up dad?"
"Where are you both!" He sounded angry.
"We just went out to eat something."
"Okay then come back within 20 minutes, you both need to get ready remember!"
"Okay, okay, we'll be on our way."
Ryujin told Lia that they were getting impatient. They left.

Their fathers were waiting and directed them to the changing rooms. Lia wore her dress. Ryujin wore her suit.

"You look gorgeous Lia."
"You don't look too bad yourself Jin." Lia teased. They laughed until Lia's father came in and said,
"Enough with the flirting, let's go, they're waiting."

Lia and Ryujin were seated in the middle of the venue, on a large royal bed-chair thing. They were given their rings to put on each other. It was first Ryujin's turn to put the ring on Lia's finger. She gave her her hand and put the ring. Lia did the same. As everyone clapped they smiled at each other. The way they smiled at each other made people think that they managed to fall in love. Their parents were happy and in all honesty, Ryujin and Lia were happy too.

The guests left after dinner. Everyone left the venue, leaving only Lia and Ryujin alone.

"Well, you're about to be my wife soon Lia." Ryujin laughed.
"I am."
"You know something Lia. I'm glad it was you."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm glad it was you I spent my childhood with, you who I spend the most time with, you who I'm going to marry."
"I feel the same way too."
"I guess I'll just say it."
"Say what?"
"Choi Jisu, I love you. I always have, I always will."
Lia looked at her for a minute.
"Wow, I don't know what to say Ryujin."
"I know, I hope I didn't make anything awkward."
"Shin Ryujin, I love you too."
Ryujin looked at her, she smiled widely. Lia came closer for a hug.
"I've loved you for all my life and will continue loving you Jin."
Ryujin hugged her tightly.

The engagement felt more right.