Part 4

The next day at school, the two girls thought it would be a good idea if they started to talk more and get to know more about each other. They sat together during lunch which again, got the whole school shocked. There were multiple rumours and some people even said they were secretly dating which wasn't a complete lie but it wasn't the truth either.

"So, Ryujin, I think it's a good idea to talk more and get closer. There's no way we can change our parents' minds now." Lia clearly stated. She knew that there was no point arguing with their parents.
"You're right so how about you start."
"Ok well, I'm Lia."
"I didn't know that. I'm Ryujin." The two laughed for a bit and realised that it wouldn't work that way.
"So what's your favourite subject?" Lia asked, hoping to make the conversation more interesting.
"I like Computer Science the most. I'm actually planning on studying it at university."
"So you're a computer kid. Nice."
"What about you?"
"I prefer science based subjects so I enjoy Biology but I also take Art as a major here. I'm still wondering what I should study. Pretty hard choice."
"You're smart, you'll figure it out."
"Thanks Ryujin." Lia smiled.
"So what do you like doing during your free time?"
"I love reading and well, sleeping. Socialising is so tiring that I get drained so easily."
"Good for me for being terrible at socialising then. I'm terrible at talking to people, I don't know how you do it Lia."
"You're not as bad as you think though. You're speaking fine now."
"Well, that's because I'm comfortable around you. Even though we've only met formally, I'm still comfortable around you."
"Well, that's nice to know. I feel the same way. You're quite easy going and easy to talk to. You're pretty cool Ryujin."
"I appreciate that, well we have class to get to know."
The school bell rang, indicating the end of lunch time and the start of classes.
"Oh Lia! Before you go, do you want to meet at the café next to your house after school?"
"Does 5pm work for you?"
"Yep, it does. See you then."

As Lia walked to her Chemistry class, she realised she kind of agreed to a date with Ryujin. She knew that wasn't her intention but she felt excited. Ryujin is pretty nice.

The next class Lia had was Physics. Ryujin had the same class so they would meet during class. As the class settled down, Lia saw no Ryujin in sight. After about 10 minutes, she saw a messy Ryujin enter the room.
"Shin Ryujin! You are late!" The teacher was furious. It was the first time Ryujin was late to class.
"I'm really sorry Sir. I had to give in my report to the principal and he also had a conversation with me for a few minutes."
"Ok then, sit down."
Ryujin's normal seat was taken and there was only one left. It was next to Lia. She gladly sat next to her and smiled.
"So what did the principal talk to you about?" Lia whispered.
"About expelling me." Ryujin answered.
"What?"
"I'm just joking. He was discussing the different programs I should research before university."
"Ahh okay, my heart stopped for a minute."
Lia's heart stopped for a minute. But why? She barely met Ryujin at school. Why would it stop? Lia thought she forgot about her previous feelings but maybe they were coming back.