Part 15

Maybe they were tests she failed? No, she's a perfect student. Maybe embarrassing letters? No, I don't think so.

Lia spend the night thinking about what Ryujin's papers could be. She finally decided she should respect her privacy and not think about it. Something bothered Lia though. Despite them being so close, Lia felt a bit distant. Especially recently. She understood that Ryujin had her secrets for a reason. She went to sleep, even though she felt restless.

The alarm clock started ringing. Lia turned to the side to turn it off only to find that it was three in the morning. She set the wrong time. Well, now she was awake and not bothered going back to sleep. She decided it was a good opportunity to go on a morning walk. She grabbed her coat and wore her shoes. It was cold outside and she could tell it was raining before not long before. The cars and roads were  drenched.

She took the path around her house, quickly waking. As she took a right turn, she saw a girl sitting alone. That girl was Ryujin. She paused for a minute before going up to her. Ryujin was soaked from head to toe. She wasn't even wearing the appropriate clothes for the weather.

"Jin, what are you doing at this time? Where's your coat, why are you wet?"
"I just couldn't sleep so I wanted to walk. I didn't expect it to be this cold. I don't even notice the rain before."
"Oh silly." Lia said as she gave Ryujin her coat and dried her hair.
"But you'll be cold." She looked up.
"I'm not cold when I'm with you, besides, you need the coat." Lia sat next to her.

Ryujin lay her head on Lia's shoulder and closed her eyes. Lia wrapped her arms around the sleepy girl.

"What's going on?" Lia asked softly.
"I honestly don't know, too many things."
"Are you tired?"
"I am."
"You should rest. Let's go-"
"No, stay here."
"You want to sleep here?"
"Yes, with you."
"Then I'll stay here."
"I want to tell you something."
"Tell me."
"Are you tired of me?"
"Of course not, why would you ever ask that?"
"I feel like I'm a tiring person."
"You're not Jin, you're seriously not."
"What would you do if I disappeared?"
"I can't imagine that. I can't imagine life without you."
"Hmm."
"Why are you asking this?"
"Because there will be a day where I'll go."
"Go?"
"Yeah, go."
"What do you mean?"
"We're all going to die one day."
"But that day isn't coming soon."
"Who knows, it could be next year, in four months, heck it could be tomorrow."
"Ryujin, that day isn't coming anytime soon."
"I know, but I'm just saying, what if I die tomorrow?"
"Stop even thinking that!"
"I'm sorry. I can't help it."
"What's going on Jin. Tell me, what's bothering you? You know you can talk to me about anything."
"I don't know." Ryujin sounded distant. She knew how she felt but couldn't say it to Lia.
"I know you know, you're just not telling me. It's okay, I understand."
"I'm just not good with words, you know."
"I won't force you."
"There's one thing I know for sure and can express though."
"And that is?"
"I love Choi Jisu."
"And I can tell you one more thing."
"Go on."
"I love you more than you can imagine."
Ryujin smiled and went to sleep on Lia's shoulder. Lia caressed her hair, gently, enough for her to sleep to.

Ryujin, what's bothering you? Why can't you tell me?