Part 18

"Lia dear, tea is ready!"
"Coming Sir!" Lia sighed and went downstairs. Maybe it was better she didn't snoop around her fiancé's room. She sat down at the table and drank her tea. She was impressed. Mr Shin's tea making skills had improved significantly.

"Ryujin taught me how to make tea." He chuckled.
"It tastes amazing."
"You know, Ryujin is pretty amazing. So much more amazing than me, I'm just her boring old father."
"Don't say that, Ryujin is amazing because you're her father." Lia smiled.
"Thanks Lia."
"Speaking of Ryujin, I want to ask you something."
"Go on?"
"Um, is shs doing alright?"
"Yes, I think she is."
"She's cried a lot lately and she's been talking about some other things lately." Lia teared up a bit.
"I never noticed. She has been keeping her distance lately."

Lia made up her mind to search Ryujin's room for clues. She drank her tea and excused herself, saying she forgot her phone upstairs. In a few seconds, she found herself debating whether she should check what those pages had or not. She picked them and saw something that looked like a cover. Ryujin Records, it wrote. It was like a diary, or a journal. She flipped through the pages and there were many baby pictures of Ryujin, alongside old drawings and letters.

It seemed that Ryujin stopped updating her diary on the 4th of April, a few months ago. That date was familiar to Lia but she couldn't recall what it was. The page was titled "I'm sorry."

It was a letter Ryujin wrote to herself.

I can't believe I've last this long. Not long left. This empty feeling will never be complete. I want to go away, run away. I'm crying because I miss my past. I'm trying to forget my past. Why can't be happy anymore. Why do I feel so useless all the time. Whatever, goodbye Ryujin. I think you're near the end.

By the letter it was clear that this was a letter full of pain and guilt. Lia started crying softly. She fixed the pile of papers and made her way out the house. She knew she needed to make Ryujin feel better about herself. But she didn't understand why Ryujin felt this way. Ryujin was, simply put, perfect.

Lia checked her phone after receiving a notification.

Ryujin:
Do you want to go out for coffee with me in about an hour? :D <3 <3

Ryujin was adorable.

Lia:
Of course ryuryu, same place as usual? <3333

Ryujin:
Mhm! See you there, I love you

Lia:
I love you more, see you!

They arrived at their favourite spot in exactly one hour. Ryujin gave her girl a warm hug and said, "I missed you so much today." Lia smiled and hugged her back tightly. They sat down and ordered their usual order.

"So what have you been up to all day Jin?" Lia asked giving her signature eye smile.
"Nothing much, I had to go to school because the principal wanted to discuss about my majors and stuff."
"Sounds, fun? So have you decided on your major?"
"Still going with Computer Science."
"Sounds good."
"And you Lia? What's your major?"
"I'm choosing to study medicine."
"Wow, that's amazing. I have full faith that you'll be a great doctor. You are Lia after all."
"You're too cute Ryu."
"Also Lia, I'm sorry."
"Why?"
"For crying so much yesterday."
"Please, don't think about, it's good to tell all your emotions out and you can always cry to me."
"That's why you're the best." Ryujin smiled.

As they drank their coffee and ate their cake, a formally dressed lady came up to their table. Lia couldn't recognise her but Ryujin immediately did. She panicked for a second for standing up and shaking the lady's hand.

"Lia, this is my therapist, Ms Yuna."
"Ohh you're Lia! Ryujin was telling the truth after all!"
"Hi Ms Yuna, Ryujin.... was?"
"Yes! She said Lia is so extremely beautiful, your eyes would melt. She is right."
Ryujin nudged her.

Yuna invited herself at their table. She was a bubbly but very sweet lady. She had so many things to talk about. It made sense that she was a therapist.

After about a few hours, Lia and Ryujin walked around their favourite park.

"You see Yuna is a very lively person, sorry about that." Ryujin scratched her head.
"No no it's okay, she's quite fun."

Ryujin came closer to Lia.

"Choi Jisu, I love you so much that I can't imagine life without you. You're my everything and I'm nothing without you." Ryujin's smile was sincere and she cupped one hand on Lia's cheeks. Lia smiled back with the same love and sincerity. She moved her head forward to kiss Ryujin.

"And I am nothing without you, Shin Ryujin."